A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELP! Creating mp3 loops

Hi,
    I have a loop in aiff format (tho i am on a PC) and am trying to convert it to mp3 with no luck.
    I have Sound Forge 4.5, it has an mp3 plugin, but will not encode it without putting a silence at the beginning/end of the loop. Deleting the silence and saving over it doesn't work, the silence just reappears.
    I downloaded the trial of Blaze Media Pro, which apparently takes care of this problem, but no luck there. It won't even encode my file properly.
    I tried using winamp to encode the mp3, after converting it to a .wav file in Sound Forge, but it mutilates the file as well, sometimes crashes, sometimes inserts a silence like Sound Forge....

How do we do this properly!? There are some great samples in the sounds section of Flashkit, how do these guys do it?

Thanks,
    -pstoo-

i'm to change the aiff to wav. You can then use good ole sound recorder to chip off the silence. Use the keyboard to control the slider. You can move the slider by .1 sec with the arrowkeys and .01 secs with control + arrows keys.
    Then use edit, to delete the silence before or after any point in soundclip.

Hope it helps

zavyzavy

Dont use mp3's for looping. It just does not work right at all. If your going to loop a sound flwlesly use .wav but if its to not loop flawlesly then use mp3.

Hi,
    I have downloaded mp3s off of Flashkit that are posted in the "sound loops" section that work beautifully.
    The problem is that i am starting out with an mp3, and not with a wav file. Everytime i try to edit it, i get that silence inserted in the beginning/end. i can't edit it in sound recorder, and there is no problem with wav files. There is no silence when i keep it a wav.
    The wav file has to be an mp3, i can't put a 500k wav on the internet! MP3 is the only way to go!
    -pstoo-

See if you can import the file into Fruity Loops and time it so it ends and starts over again in the sequencer. Once you've done that export it as .mp3 and see if that works.
    The demo version should do just fine. http://www.fruityloops.com

Hey,
    I downloaded Fruity Loops (what a COOL program!), imported the .wav file and since it loops properly as a wav, just attemped to save as mp3 or export......
    IT DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO DO THAT WITH THE DEMO!!!!!!!!
    WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

When's the last time you saw a grown woman cry over Flash!?
    Well........

Now what!?
    <sigh>
    -pstoo-

I guess they changed the demo version so one cant export anymore. Ok I have another idea. Go to http://www.goldwave.com and get the Razor Lame plugin. It works as a separate programe on its own but works as a plugin as well. It will allow you to open a wav and export as an mp3. Let me know if this works for you.