A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: JavaScript?

I for one would like to hear more about what the coming javascript will allow us to do. Is it to interact with web page showing flash, or is it as a scripting language for manipulating objects within 3dfa? Will you be providing some docs with it?

And please tell me the export will match preview for movement of elements.

Waiting hopefully

Bret

resolved An affectionate and warm greeting

In these days, I've been watching the wonders that can be made with the Action Script.

I have bought the book Flash 5 Magic With action Script(Language based on JavaScript ECMAScript) which I recommend all the community of IFA.
    http://www.flash5magic.com/
    It brings 22 tutorials applied to real situations. Examples of Data bases, forms, preloaders, games, etc. I consider that they are an excellent guide.

Like You I hope to be able to use javascript or best IFAScript and that allows to create projects that leave the linear scheme.

Hopefully they do not delay much this version.

Joseph

Well, without giving away too much yet, we can confirm the new version of IFA contains a full featured JAVASCRIPT element that can do pretty much anything javascript can do- control flow (if,for,while), functions, parameters, switch statements, return values, etc. but most importantly allows you to get a handle to any element or object in the whole project, and manipulate its properties including position ,velocity, acceleration, rotation on the fly.

We are hoping to have a beta of the version ready soon.

Thanks for your support

InsaneTools

documrntation

Originally posted by RobStewart

Thanks for your support

InsaneTools
    This sounds like some real documentation may be needed. Will it be ready when the release of the feature?

Any word on fixing the preview/export match up? This is a serious problem and trully needs addressing. It's very hard to do proffesional looking stuff when the animation is different upon export.

Wonderful!!

Originally posted by RobStewart
    Well, without giving away too much yet, we can confirm the new version of IFA contains a full featured JAVASCRIPT element that can do pretty much anything javascript can do- control flow (if,for,while), functions, parameters, switch statements, return values, etc. but most importantly allows you to get a handle to any element or object in the whole project, and manipulate its properties including position ,velocity, acceleration, rotation on the fly.

Thanks for your support

InsaneTools
    It is listened to wonderful, I am awaiting being able to play with this version.
    Too important, preview/export match up,(Bret Blanius) I agree totally The IFA tools are very good but I even must use other packages to complement my animations.
    In this Logo sample that makes for a friend of mine within her Web Page, uses IFA(Text and Backgrounds with Properties), Video Ulead 2,5 (transitions), Blender (BASIC Animation)
    Sample
    http://www.josephbrowndesigns.com/swf/nextcad.html

The Webpage of Her (in Spanish).

http://www.nextcad.net
    I've observed that often is delayed the load of the movies
    Delay a little the load
    Thanks Rob!
    Joseph
    [Edited by MrJoseph on 12-21-2001 at 02:29 PM]

The Help file is constantly being improved, and the new version will include documentation on basic javascript, which is pretty standard to all javascript interpreters.

The external matchup issue is also being looked at. There is a fundamental difficulty in making it exact because (believe it or not) the Flash Player has flaws in it that limit its capabilities. Our Internal player does not replicate the flash player because of this reason - we use our own internal plug-in. It allows us to do more, and we are thinking as much about the future of the 3DFA product - ie. we cannot limit ourselves to the Flash limitations, or we will never have a superior product. It is when we export to the Flash system that minor differences appear which are very hard to avoid. We are constantly working ways to improve it, however.

Thanks for your support.

InsaneTools