A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: just got swift 3d, but pretty confused

Can anyone help me out with some basics on how to start out? I am kinda gettin the hang of rotating the text, but it only shows a tiny bit when i rotate. Thanks in advance.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Well what in particular are you wanting to know? What is it that you are trying to do?

1. how do i make the text fit in the square
    2. how do i move the text?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Could you give us a detailed description of what you want to accomplish? I am going to take a guess at what you want but cant be sure its right. When you have a question just ask it in as much detail so we can help you out as fast as possible

I dont know what you mean as far as fitting the text in the square. If you mean what your typing. There is no way to do that.

As far as moving the text you can use the shift key to isolate each letter in a string to animate it. You will know that you have each letter isolated when you see it only in the crystal track ball. You will need to hold the shift key down to move the letter around.

Other than that you can just grap the entire string and move it around on the stage.

ok, im gona try to be as specific as possible.
    1. I click the button to isert text. It inserts it, but then when I write what I want and click apply, the new word doesn't fit on the layout.

2. If i insert a little circle, how do i change the way it looks, like to make it all different.

3. Once i have the text in there, how do i make a little movie of it turning? Whenever I rotate it at the bottom left thing, and click play, it only shows a tiny move.

Thanks for any help, sorry if I am not making any sence.

I am going to be bold and recommend that you read the User Guide. This may sound a little harsh, but in the time it took to get these responses, you could have read the whole thing and learned a lot more in the process. The things you are asking about involve very basic functions of the program and a few minutes with the User Guide will answer all of your questions.

Peace

I agree with Rushvision.

I am kinda new to Swift 3D, and I read the entire users manual, It helped me alot.

4Drolla,

In addition to the user guide, I would recommend going through the tutorials -

http://www.erain.com/tutorials/Tutor...lContents.html

Between the guide and the tutorials you will quickly grow your Swift 3D skills. Good luck!

-cubedflash
    erain

Create 3D Flash!