A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I'm losing my mind.....

This is what I did late today while I had a creative spurt and now I'm sure Flash is corrupting my mind. Warhol, Monroe, and Flash together at last (kind of). It takes about 10-15 seconds on a cable modem and there's no preloader because it was kind of a quickie project for you guys as a Christmas card. All mouse controlled. Hope some of you like it. It looks best in the dark.

http://www.geocities.com/vegasdzl/

Season Greetings

Did it load okay? Sorry about the 10-15 seconds but I had a few pics in there I needed for the random movie clip. Cheers.

actually, I didn't have any real wait. It took about 2-3 secs to load for me on my connection.

interesting concept.

take care.

2-3 seconds?? Whoa. Holy digital, Batman.

Actually, on a side note, I made something much more robust this afternoon using the set.Transform() method of the Color object and it is too cool. I have a set of Marilyn pics and on mouse click each one's RGB and alpha are set to a random value and then the pics return to the load state (normal) and slowly fade back to the original values. I think I'll switch files later in case anyone else wants to see what set.Transform looks like at runtime with random offsets and percentages.

Anyway, thanks and see ya.

Hey D.

checked out the update on your ex-Marilyn project, and I agree. That is a real cool effect.

Kas

Thanks. What really pumps me up is that this is the first time I've ever used set.Transform and I'm thinking at 1000 mph here....could do this.......could do that.....

Then, obviously the idea of functions and code portability with the sixteen arguments or parameters needed and presto, you've got a nice effect that's totally portable and ready to use in any project. It was worth the 40-50 lines of code and all of the time invested. Glad you like it. I thought it was pretty cool, too.

Very cool, dz..very cool....yes, setTransform is fun...Robert Penner has some great prototypes for doing things with setTransform.....I'll see if I can find the thread....if not I'll post them again....

-pg-

Well...I couldn't find the thread from here, but here's the same one he posted at were-here.com....

http://66.70.72.50/forums/showthread.php?threadid=69522

-pigghost-

pigghost;

Thanks. That's just what I need. I thought hmm....already an object, already has methods, what else can I do to make life easier and that's what I thought, prototypes. And guess what? I know zilch about them but then again I've only been doing this for a little over five months so hey, I gotta give myself a break.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for the kind words and the link. I'll give it a bookmark.