A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound Editing/Recording Programs

Question

I'm interested in doing my own music and sounds for my flash films, but I don't know where to start. Besides being a web designer, I've been a musician for about 15 years, but I've never messed around with computer generated music. Is there any freeware that will allow me to create and edit to the .wav format? Any input on where to jump in would be apperciated! =)

-chris_d00d

Not much for freeware out there.
    But if you go here... you can get 5 freeware programs from my site.
    http://lightning.prohosting.com/~jydnas

Other then that try something like...

CalkWalk Home Studio
    GoldWave
    ProTools

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000085.swf" quality=high WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Cool

I just went through your exact situation. Four months later, I've spent almost $1,000 on software, cables, and an audio card for my Mac G3. I'm going to be spending a good deal more to complete my audio studio.
    I feel your pain about not wanting to spend a lot of money, but if you really want to do it right, you are going to have to invest some cash. You can go to download.com and go to the multimedia/music sections and you can find some free stuff to goof around with for now.

Good luck,
    Josh