A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Video Clips & Flash

I"ve searched the entire internet for an answer. If there is a thread in flashkit---please post. I haven't found one.

I want to use an mpg with flash. So I've looked at websites regarding VCD Cutter, Quicktime Pro, Premiere and many other programs to convert an mpg to mov.

I've seen some people in forums recommend the converting of mpg to a swf file; but that reduces the video quality too much.

What is the best and easiest way to add a good quality video clip to Flash5?

Old dog learning new tricks

U can't have a video file embeded in a flash movie (allthough a program in flashants.com seems to do that). So, there r programs (like vid2swf or flix) that convert a video file to swf. What they do? They convert the video to an image sequence and they place the sequence and the audio in a swf. So, the easiest way is to use one of the above programs...

Originally posted by k-giannis
    U can't have a video file embeded in a flash movie (allthough a program in flashants.com seems to do that). So, there r programs (like vid2swf or flix) that convert a video file to swf. What they do? They convert the video to an image sequence and they place the sequence and the audio in a swf. So, the easiest way is to use one of the above programs...
    The mpg to swf seems to be low quality.

What I want is to somehow refer to a quicktime movie clip from flash.
    But I need to also convert the mpg to mov.

You cant put any type of movie clip (MPG, MOV, AVI, ect...) into Flash with out the aid of one of the programs k-giannis said.

Former Member now elsewhere
    Check this out....

http://www.mantaproductions.com/

It's all flash. As long as your target audience isn't using modems it should do well. They have swf's that have been altered by their software, which you can get, that keep a flash player form bogging down as it tries to do frame animations. So you can convert a video to frames and add the sound to another layer, like they did.

NCD