A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Browsers won't play my movie

Hi,

I have a Flash movie that loads a movie clip in each frame in the following manner:

loadMovieNum ("http://www.host.com/~user/flash/jpeg2/body.swf", 1);

The movie clips contain one JPEG each (created with JPEG2SWF) and in each frame a different clip is loaded. At the end the movie loops back with:

gotoAndPlay (1);

This movie plays fine in the Flash Movie player (both inside Flash 5, with Test Movie, and outside, with standalone player) but not in either IE or Netscape (you get a blank page).

- Playing it within Flash 5 generates the following message in the Output window (though it does what I want it to):

Target not found: Target="JPEG2SWF_1.0" Base="_level1"

- if I insert the following code in every frame before loading the new clip (to unload the previous clip), it won't even work in the Flash Player.

unloadMovieNum (1);

- if I insert a blank frame after each frame that loads a movie it works with the Flash Player and in the browsers, BUT in the browsers I get a blank screen between each two images (which doesn't happen in the Flash Player) which I don't want.

CAn anyone help me please?

Thanks!

United States Presidential Hopeful in 2028
    It looks like either your path to the files to be loaded is incorrect or you did not upload the files at all. You should probably double-check the path and make sure you are directing Flash to where the files to load actually are.

Originally posted by JC Savior Productions
    It looks like either your path to the files to be loaded is incorrect or you did not upload the files at all. You should probably double-check the path and make sure you are directing Flash to where the files to load actually are.
    Thanks but that's not the problem. The fact that it works within the Flash Player eliminates that possibility. Besides, the same URL (path) (which obviously has been changed in the code i pasted in the post) works if I try to access it with my browser.

More info on problem

Here's some more info:

If I stop in each frame of the movie, the image does appear after a short while. It's only when the movie plays without stopping in any frames that no images appear. I suppose the problem is that the movie moves on to the next frame before it can finish loading the image and display it. Isn't Flash designed to wait for the entire frame to show before moving to the next? Any suggetions on how I can fix this?
    The images (SWFs) range in size from 33 - 127 kb. Over the network connection I'm working with the largest downloads in 0.7 seconds (via FTP).

Any help appreciated.