A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: www.floppyfish.net

Hybrid View

Just a personal site with bit and pices of work and a few experiments. worth a look i think :-)

Regards
    http://www.floppyfish.net

Like the happyfish! Nice look.

I have a couple of comments though.
    I found the navigation disconcerting, for example, loading the flash work into a new html page in the same browser window means that you need to press the back button and reload the menu page. I think it would be better for the viewer if you either open a new browser window or, better, import the flash movies into a new level in your main movie. That way, you only need to load the movies once.

Check all of your buttons have solid hit-states - some of them don't. It makes it hard to navigate when you use the text as the hit-state.

Some of the popup sub-menus look as if they are behind the menus they are supposed to be in front of, if you see what I mean. Can you offset them or drop the alpha of the calling menu?

All of these changes would make the 'browsing experience' more enjoyable and are easy to implement.

Also, there were problems viewing some of the .wmv videos - but that was probably the server was having a bad day?

I hope this helps.

John

Thanks for all the pointers it seems you picked up a lot of my silly errors thanks for pointing them out i was using text links instead of buttons so this was an easy fix. and was loading the submenus into the wrong layer.

It seems that i would spot these errors on someone elses pages but not my own.

Hope i can return the favor some time
    Regards