A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Photoshop vectors to Flash

Photoshop vectors to Flash

I've been using Photoshop 6 to create graphics for web using photographs. Occasionally, I use the new 'vector' tools in PS6 to draw graphic elements. Anyone know how to get these PS6 vector shapes into Flash?
    Thanks, dixter

hello,
    one thing i do is have both photoshop and flash open and simply drag and drop or cut and paste. really the best way to do it is to do your vectors in illustrator, because illustrtor has a function under export, which is export as flash .swf

hello,
    one thing i do is have both photoshop and flash open and simply drag and drop or cut and paste. really the best way to do it is to do your vectors in illustrator, because illustrtor has a function under export, which is export as flash .swf

Yea, I know Illustrator exports .swf's, but I don't use Illustrator much. I'm usually compositing in Photoshop, so it would be convenient to use the PS vectors in Flash. I guess it never occurred to me to drag them over. Do you just drag them from the PS window to the Flash stage?
    thanks, dixter

yes i just drag and drop, sometimes it gets a bit buggy, depending on how complex it is, also try the copy and paste. you could also try bringing the files into illustrator first, then exporting to flash

I tried your drag and drop...it worked! It was a bit buggy dragging from the completed PS 'art' file but, if I dragged the 'element' layer onto a new 'white' PS document then, from there to the Flash stage it worked fine.
    Can't seem to get the copy and paste thing to work though.
    I'm on a Mac so, I make my selection, Command-C but, the normal paste command in Flash doesn't get it. Nor does the normal Command-V do it. Any ideas?
    Thanks a lot for the tip,
    dixter

I have a mac as well, but make sure when in flash that you have a empty keyframe that isn`t locked to paste on to

Got an unlocked empty keyframe, no luck.
    I'm doing a Command-A to select the graphic in PS,
    a Command-C to copy it to the clipboard, I select an empty keyframe in Flash (unlocked) the do an Option,Command-V, but nothing. What am I doing wrong?

i found that the drag and drop worked better anyways, so don`t worry about the copy and paste

No prob. I prefer the D&D method anyway.
    Thanks,
    dixter