A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell - a new beginning for FK

As many of you may have heard by now the Australian team does not have any official role with the site anymore. We leave on very good terms with Alan Meckler and Internet.com without whom this site would not exist. That doesn't mean the crew won't be hanging around the boards from time to time and it will be great to send nasty emails to the webmaster when something doesn't work .

Good luck to John and Scott and the rest of the US team.

Bye all.

I just hope that the internet.com team respect the way the site has developed and the quality of the content and people on it. Good job you guys though, much respect and we hope you enjoy your multi million dollar penthouse apartments etc ;-)

Thanks I think. FK is about the community, the people who contribute and use the site. We are not important.

Thanks for all hard work.
    You've done a great job....

Originally posted by Scills
    ...We are not important.
    umm.... naah.. i think you are

why? coz you brought us all together

cheers mates and have a good one!

thanks for all the hard work Steve. What are your plans for the future ?

Thanks for the nice comments, but such praise should be for the whole team I was proud to be part of. Contrary to popular belief FK was not nor ever was our sole activity and much of our effort was for pure enjoyment. Our firm, TurnAround Solutions, that Trav, Jezza, Mark, Tommy, jml, Phil, Sam, Kirsten, James, Sinkers, Al, and Chris all still work for continues to do well. We may even do a Flash site now. LOL Before, we never wanted to do any commercial Flash work so we could not have a conflict of interest while running a Flash community. Pity no one in the firm knows any Flash . As always Mark has a few speculative ideas that we are looking at

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    steve,
    it feels kinda weird < lots of words removed, they can't say enough, or I can't >.
    david p.

All the best to all of you guy's who have done such a wonderful job in building such a great community...
    We really hope FK remains and continues to be the best in flash community.

Hope the quality and standard of this site will be maintained. "Have serious doubts after going through this weeks News letter though"

thanks to your and the team, it's a shame to see things passed over and i hope things don't change on the community side, there's certainly no need for that.

i also hope this doesn't we won't see any of the old admin about anymore.

thanks again y'all

FK is a pretty simple site to run now, just point to view submitted content and click to publish. Internet.com staff will do a fine job as I can confirm their mouse skills are as good as anyones . I think it will be beneficial for FK as they work in the US and can co-ordinate matters just as well and even better being in that time zone. The "FK Originals" will still be on the boards.

Regardless, FK is not about us or internet.com, rather the people who come here, contribute, share and learn. It still must be one of the deepest verticals on a particular area of expertise on the net with a world wide user base. Pity non Flash users can't share and communicate as well as we do here.

I'd really like to know what other knowledge/community sites people think are as deep as our FK.

Señor member
    Congratulations on the work you guys have done in making this one of the best resources around, I hope internet.com will not make too many changes to the site in the future.

Hope to see you lot on the boards in the future though

Regards.

UNified
    I see this as a great opportunity to compare the administrative skills of the now defunct Aus sector to the slick, sophisticated and "anything is possible" approach of the Americans.
    Its time the laid-back hang gliding approach to such a collection of leading edge "designers" was given the serious and focused management they deserve.

And God help em if they fail.

Jofta

Originally posted by Scills
    ...I'd really like to know what other knowledge/community sites people think are as deep as our FK.
    i don't think there are any out there that are this "familic" (familic?) .. yall know what i mean

Awww it wont be the same without you lot at the helm

Thanks for a great site and a wonderful community... Maybe you should install a vBB at http://www.TurnAroundSolutions.com or is it co.au?

Thanks again all! (Bad news is Steve you'll have to change your footer!)

M

Steve, what is going to happen with the conferences? Are the FK crew still going to run those. Or is it just going to be Internet.com people now?

Great work guys, all of yall deserve everything that comes to you in life. You have made a GREAT impression for yourselves. Best of Luck! Dont be strangers now yall hear?

Josh Dura

Best of luck to all FK crew !

Thanks for a great site and community. Lets hope things dont change too much and if they do, hopefully it will be for the better. (that does mean no pop up ads as well)

Take care

a

Thanks Scills, I think John will do a great job, and you'll all come to like him. I hope we continue to see the Au crew around these boards--as many have pointed out, it just wouldn't be the same without them. I look forward to seeing this site continue to grow...and yes, we're currently working to improve the site's performance. The changes will be kept to a minimum, and the community will continue to be a strong influence in what we do on the site. We welcome your thoughts and ideas, and look forward to being a part of this great group of folks. This site is only as great as it is because of you all, and we won't forget that. You won't see me in the forums as often as you'll see John, but don't hesitate to drop me a note at scott@internet.com.

FK Hardware Freak
    Emperor of Invincible Sand Castles

Good luck all you guys! Hope all this works out for the better.

[/small]So now where do i send my title and avatar changes? [/small]

Funky Dutch Cactus
    thanks for the great site fk-team! i hope you all do well, and we'll see you back often here!

yeah, i'd like to know aswell about the avatar/title request email.