A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We got a Mac section, what about a PC section?! :D

I think that this site could use a PC section dedicated to all things PC. I know it is a broad topic, but I think it is one that would fair pretty well.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    email the webmaster....
    I actually think that is a good idea. All the posts about hardware, networking, etc. could go there.
    david p.

Originally posted by david petley
    email the webmaster....
    I actually think that is a good idea. All the posts about hardware, networking, etc. could go there.
    david p.
    Done, I just finished the email. Hopefuly they will have enough time to be able to put it up. If they don't and it takes them a while to get it up I won't mind. But it will be nice if they do put it up.

I worry that adding another forum like that, particularly one that is that broad, would be out of place on a site dedicated to Flash. Aren't there PC resource sites on the Internet?

I was under the impression that the Mac forum was to address mostly issues specific to Flash on a mac, and for the occasional question from people without access to macs re: issues like why their movies are not working, etc.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by CNO
    I worry that adding another forum like that, particularly one that is that broad, would be out of place on a site dedicated to Flash. Aren't there PC resource sites on the Internet?

I was under the impression that the Mac forum was to address mostly issues specific to Flash on a mac, and for the occasional question from people without access to macs re: issues like why their movies are not working, etc.
    Chris,
    that's true too.
    buuut.....
    I keep seeing threads asking for help with hardware and networking problems though, and it would be good if people had somewhere specific they could go here.
    What's another forum between friends
    david p.

I also think that this could help bring in some new members and broaden the knowledge pool that is Flashkit.

who would mod it? would have to be somebody that understands PC hardware, networking, and be able to troubleshoot multiple configurations... as well as keep on top of the newest developments.

lan perhaps?

hey, while we're at it, why not partner with one of the hardware sites out there? doesn't internet.com have any?

Originally posted by gerbick
    who would mod it? would have to be somebody that understands PC hardware, networking, and be able to troubleshoot multiple configurations... as well as keep on top of the newest developments.

lan perhaps?

hey, while we're at it, why not partner with one of the hardware sites out there? doesn't internet.com have any?
    I should be one of the mods for it .

http://www.mydesktop.com/ <-- this is one of them from internet.com

just check out http://www.internet.com and they have a listing of their sites at the top navigation.

question authority
    I think its a great idea... less techie questions in the CL...

email the webmaster....
    david p.
    We asked for this before!
    The reason we dont have one I THINK! (dont quote me)
    It because 75% of members have a PC not a mac - and any posts made about HW issues in the PC area can be poted here, they get answered quick and then we can delete/close em.
    The small minority of mac users can use there own forum so they know that all the Mac users will be in there and there will be no confusion re Windows / MacOS with things like IP Config's etc!
    Personally I think its a good idea - as with DP - it'll save some cleaning up time in the Lounge and Its my main area - Mr Webmaster Sir..... views??

Originally posted by gerbick

lan perhaps?

I would apply to help - Im MCSE and BICC Brand REX qualified, and we all know I love Networking especially in Win2k

I hate PC's because they are grey and that means they suck!

no pc forum for you!

FK Hardware Freak
    Emperor of Invincible Sand Castles

email the webmaster....
    david p.
    That's a great idea! That's where i would spend most of my time...
    But i would love to mod it. I am in the process of becoming A+ and Cisco Certified. And computer hardware/software is what i love to work with.
    [Edited by Trakker on 01-14-2002 at 10:15 AM]

Originally posted by Mac8myPC

no pc forum for you!

It's OK M8, soon they'll all be copying the look of the new Macs...

No hostility intended in my first message - if it would help, by all means sumbit the suggestion to the webmaster. But perhaps it would be better to make it more focused than just a PC forum - maybe a technical questions forum?

FK Hardware Freak
    Emperor of Invincible Sand Castles

how about :
    Hardware/Software Lounge!
    Everything about your computer hardware, software, even your O/S! If you've got questions, we've got answers!!

Originally posted by TheEnigma
    I would apply to help - Im MCSE and BICC Brand REX qualified, and we all know I love Networking especially in Win2k
    MCSE means that you know Microsoft stuff. I'm one too - MCSE+I actually. I think this person would have to be able to also be able to troubleshoot, and talk about other configurations as well... not saying your not qualified, but I think that there are others that are here that are more qualified and have shown in the past their hardware knowledge.

and no, I don't mean me either.

question authority
    Originally posted by Mac8myPC
    hey G4's are grey too!
    arn't pcs more beige?

The world belongs to Windows, do they really need yet another forum ? I'm with CNO on this.

This whole board is PeeCee Nazi Headquarters except for the wittle corner us Macsters get shoved in. You really need another place to discuss the numerous flaws in your OS?

Originally posted by Arse
    This whole board is PeeCee Nazi Headquarters except for the wittle corner us Macsters get shoved in. You really need another place to discuss the numerous flaws in your OS?
    yes, yes we do I think that it will be more helpfull than non helpfull. And besides, what can it hurt to try it out?