A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The SEMI OFFICIAL -How SWISH 2.0 could be improved??

1. Fullscreen Edit Mode. [All necessary commands can be set using shortcut keys, without display menus.] [You can't uncheck "menubar" under Customize > Toolbars.]

2. You can create a custom toolbar, but can't add any items to it??? (Customize > Toolbars). When will this be expanded, or am I missing something??? This would be the ideal customization feature, in conjunction with a fullscreen edit mode, and keyboard shortcuts.

3. Make Zoom a floating toolbar of its own...not associated with the "Untitled" toolbar. Ideally, divorce the zoom from the drawing tools, and both the zoom and drawing tools from the layout panel, and convert them into a floating toolbar that can be postitioned at the top of the app, or dragged and dropped at-will (like Flash, PhotoShop, etc.)

4. Customize > Tools > Menu Contents??? What can I do with this??? I'm assuming it is for future use, i.e., plugins/filters/helper applications, maybe, not sure???

5. Text Effects: Integration of sliding selectors, instead of text input boxes. Why make users type in the "Period" and "Phase" of a Waveform, for instance, when they have no idea what a Waveform is, how the Period and Phase affect it, or what the high a low setting are for any of these??? A slider set to 0, with high and low settings would be nice.

6. Fix the current panel sets. No offence, but they are unstable (i.e., unintuitive), and do not "snap" properly. Primarily, add a lock mode (like Flash), that doesn't require pressing the control key to keep the panels from resizing and snapping while dragging, but can be dragged and dropped at-will while so moded. As already noted, this applies for all of the toolbars, and panel sets. Or is this currently possible, and I am missing something...again???

7. Well, I have a few more, but I'm tired...I think I'll go lie down now....

Thank you, for listening Swish, Development Team.

James

What can wash away my sin?
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
    What can make me whole again?
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
    [Edited by jamescover on 01-14-2002 at 10:33 PM]

How about a Mac 3.1 version!!!

Roger I think is time for it. Isn't it?

Sound Mixing

How about a little bit of sound mixing capabilities? I am having a lot of difficulties right now specially with the timing. If you have an action that says 'Play sound with fade in effect', I cannot loop it. So what I have to do is exactly to the frame where it ends and put another action for it to loop there.

Now that its looping, I have to figure out where the last loop end exactly so that I can put in an action for the sound the play for one last time with a fade out effect. It quite a bit of hassel to do this. I dont really know how you can solve this but it'd be cool if we had more sound mixing / editing capabilities

Just my 2 cents

Cheers Roger, I've found the rounded rectangle

I'd like to see php integration if possible. If that is already available I would be grateful to know how.

It would be nice to have a 'todo list' on your website so we can see what is planned for future versions.

1/ How about the ability to save one's keyboard settings from the customize dialogue window? I have to redo this every time I install a new build and there are lots. I try to keep the workflow consistent by using the same shortcuts as Adobe products.

2/ Select tools with customizable keyboard shortcuts (v=select tool, a=node tool, r=rotate, etc.). Adding ctrl, alt and shift might be ok but single letters are better (except, of course when editing text). In Photoshop/Illustrator, one just hits escape or the kp-enter key.

3/ The ability to save window and palette positions, sizes and groupings in the customize area. I've tried saving the registry settings and this does nothing when I reimport them. Are they elsewhere?

Thanks for an excellent product and KUTGW!!!

Suggestions

For SWiSH i would like to see:
    *Cursors and mouse trailors to be able to be added without having to use sprites and everything
    *Keys be able to be used as commands like "on roll over" you could have "on keypress 'j'"
    *Actual 3d drawing tools
    *Html to become a part of the system so that you can have alerts, and inclusions in websites

1/ Shape tweening/morphing
    2/ Modification/addition to 3D Transform. Instead of skewing the object, how about the option to taper the object or have a vanishing point. This gives a more realistic 3D effect than skewing which is more of an oblique effect.
    3/ Mathematical expressions

So you all want Flash then ??

FK's Fnortner
    I still think that a 'Tip Of The Day' is a good idea. I know it's already built in, but not funtioning yet. If it was, you could probably head-off alot of the 'sync' and 'forms' questions.

UNified
    So you all want Flash then ??
    Yep but for $50

jofta

FK's Fnortner
    John ... your car has the heebie-jeebies

Lol Jofta was what I meant, glad U spotted it

UNified
    John ... your car has the heebie-jeebies
    Its not the car Dale, its the damm driver

FK's Fnortner
    The driver isn't wearin' one of those fishing hats with fishing lures stuck in it .. and looking THROUGH the steering wheel, is he?

(can I un-highjack a thread)

Oh yeah! ... also ... be able to lock the top row of the timeline so it's always viewable.

Being able to specify coordinates of a loaded movie into the scene

UNified
    DELETE the auotomatic < meta tags > inclusion.

or at least make it an ON/OFF selection.

jofta

I'd like to be able to lock the menus in one place and keep that preference. I run Swish 2.0 on two 17" monitors and still don't have as much space as I'd like. I spend a lot of time holding down Ctl and moving menus around.

Kaos

Until swish takes on swf5 format (highly unlikely)
    Sync is and always be imperfect do to how macromedia handles fps as being relative not absolute. I'd advise you check out
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=267546
    Also a good read is
    http://www.swishspot.nwisg.com/cgi-b...rum=9&topic=19
    Your answer may not be in looping but in streaming.

Robin Hood
    Create a sprite Load the movie into a sprite. Click transform there you have the location and sizing of a load movie.

Image preview, directory listing, and a lower price tag

([i]hey I can dream can't I?)

wish list addition, very small

If you have paid for the programme, the html text is deleted that is promoting the product at its great price, i always forget to delete it, and it shows up on google.I would have no objection on putting a cool looking logo... why not run a lil competition ?

swish is addictive