A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: !!! AAAGGGHHHHH !!! my dynamic text box is fked

i have a dynamic text (loads text from an external file) box which needs to be dragged.. simple right? I also have some other things that need to be dragged at the same time, so i put them in the same movie clip, give it a name, and actions with a button (which is inside the same movie clip).

evything works fine.. except the god damn text box doesnt show the variables. This is definetly because its in a symbol, because the same txt box outside the symbol works fine.

wat went wong???? This will mean a major blow to my project if it cant be fixed!! helllpppppp me.. or insert sympathy (sp?) below, thankyou.

i will give you lot 24 hours to give me an answer.. otherwise i will take a shotgun to the head and shoot (hopefully killing myself).

Does the text box have to be a symbol? can it be on its own layer in the movie clip. Otherwise change it to a movieclip in the other clip.

If you put a text box in a tween or moving actionscript (i.e. actionscript that makes it move) you will get a no text effect. Sorry.

The Great euh eh you know paul67's Avatar
    R U using embedded fonts ?
    might help.