A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Texture mapping not working?

Please please please can someone shed some light on this as the help files and web site for 3D Flash Animator are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I'm trying to create a cube which has a different image on each of the four visible sides (front, back, left & right). The cube rotates to show each of the four faces.

The problem I have is that when I export the movie all the sides of my cube are grey - the textures are missing! The cube previews ok within 3D FA but if you preview in a browser (IE6) I have the same problem.

Please can anyone help me as this is driving me mad and I really want to get this finished.

Many thanks in advance.

Right, I have this one sorted now, but in case anyone else is having problems....

Where I went wrong was that I hadn't noticed a setting at the bottom of the properties page for my cube which is a radio button giving a choice between exporting as vectors or exporting as bitmaps. If you set the option to export as bitmaps and when you export the movie choose export as and select bitmaps, the texture mapping works.

Anyway, I'm now a happy bunny!

Thats the one!

Note this is a limitation of Macromedia's plugin (as are aberations of font-size, etc.) - as soon as MM improves their plugin, 3DFA is already there. I believe there was something about vectors vs bitmaps in the chocolate teapot.

thanks for the support.

InsaneTools

I saw something about vectors vs bitmaps in the help files somewhere but when I tried exporting as bitmaps I still had the problem - I hadn't noticed the setting in my cubes properties at that point....