A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: money for someone who helps me

just reply if you can help with a very hard actionscript thing i need to make. i will explain the details. or email me at ephesians612@msn.com

I can. And dont offer your money on here, some people will take it. But I can help ya (and thats for free).

Yes! Let's all help!

swills

the help i need

ok this is what i need to do. this guy wants me to do a flash demo of a product he has. what it does is, its a coolant spray for drilling machines. the demo needs three different size drill bits. i need to have a knob to aim the nozzle of spray right at the point where the drill meets the metal. the catch of this is, i need flash to remember where i set the spray to go for each nozzle. and play it back. i could go through it once, in any order of the three drills, set the spray where i want it to go, and then, just select a drillbit and it will automatically spray where it should. can this be done? you guys are great for helping me out. for free!! i can't thank you enough. i have no idea where to start. maybe if you guys no of somethings similar to get ont his site.

I'm sure it can be done.
    just need need to know exactly the details.

i'm just puting this down to see if i get the point.

1) Adjust knob to set the position for spray
    (is this 1-D , 2-D)
    (you want to control this with a text box ? mouse movement ? scroll bars ? or some kind of rotation)

2) theres one spray ? but different positions for each of the 3 drills ?
    You say it needs to remember the positions ? will that be each time you run the demo (will it need to save them to a text file ) if so what scrips can the server run ?

it sounds to me that you just need to set the rotation of the spray according to each of the drills.

when the demos runs will it go through the 3 drills.
    try and explain step by step and let us know how far you've gotten.

I'll help for free
    but wouldn't say no to a beer :-)

Regards