A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback. Starfox style game

Hmmm... It should be quite simple to do something from a 3D App', and export it with Swift to Flash. Will you be able to manage several position of da shift ?

Hey, ok, you didn't proposed it to me... Sorry !
    But, gasattack is right, a ship from the back , but really like Starfox. not a copy, but in da same way...

Good luck,
    ZeB

Yeah, it would be great to see the ship roll in 3D when your go left/right/up/down.
    Zeb, gas asked me if there was something he could do, but if he doesn;t want it your welcome to it.
    BlinkOk

ship ready,the rest is missing

I started a starfox like game (you could call it a clone,cause it was my approach to recreates the snes starfox in flash).At that time i didn´t know how to create the 3d moving background and i also didn´t have a 3app.I recreated the ship and it´s fire and both look just like in the original starfox.I know flash/3d bettter now but i´m busy with my actual project,what about a coop to finish that thingy?

fla/swf echxange

i could send you an swf of it if you want to see it

Hey ! post an URL of your "starfox" ! I want to see it too !!!

And thank you Blink, i'll be glad to help you...

Caù,
    ZeB

Great!
    ablinco@compuserve.com

watch your mailbox in ten minutes

hey there,blinkok.I just looked through some other posts and when i was at the frontpage of the boards,i saw that you already answered me.Really fast._so if you´re still in here,check your mailboyx in about ten minutes and write me your opinion (here or in mailform,doesn´t matter

watch your mailbox...or don´t....

the good side:i just send you the demo
    the bad side:since i got my cable last week,i don´t really watch for filesize when i send or download things,so it´s a whopping 1,7mb file,which i realised after sending it.sorry for that.
    if that´s too big for you,i can cut it down so that it becomes smaller

controls

if you look at it anyway,a note on the controls:you control the ship with the mouse and shoout with mousebutton1.(You´d probably find out yourself,but i just reread the posts here and it seems like you deired a cursor control (sorry to say that,but i think cursor movement is a nono for a 3d game)

Now worries tom. I'll cut a version with mouse control and see how it goes.
    I'm Downloading your stuff now (56K boohoo)
    I'll post in a bit.
    Thanks
    BlinkOk

to zeb

did you read my previous posts in this thread (ok,sure you have as you read this too...).I´d show you the demo too,but it´s 1,7mb.If your modem can handle this,it´s no problem for me.I didn´t work on this for over half a year now,but if blinkok like it we could combine the both thingies (to blinkok:keep in mind that i can code everything in it way better now,so look at the positive aspects of it,not the parts which slow it down).

Tom,
    That is astounding, you really go the graphics perfect. How do you recommend we go forward. I could place your ship/objects in my engine (For the tunnel). And we could go with your engine for the space stuff.
    What do you think??
    BlinkOk

Originally posted by BlinkOk
    Tom,
    That is astounding, you really go the graphics perfect. How do you recommend we go forward. I could place your ship/objects in my engine (For the tunnel). And we could go with your engine for the space stuff.
    What do you think??
    BlinkOk
    I´m currently working on a game with mcfretn.maybe you know him (he created the combat instinct series,which is quite popular on ng),so i won´t have much time left.
    I reccomend that you should change your engine so that it works with mouse control.I´ll get rid of all things that slow down my engine.then we should put the whole thing together.Will you send me the fla of yours,so that i can see how to combine them.I can send you mine tomorrow,when i´ve time left to cut down the library (i recreated nearly all enemies in starfox the demo i send you was already a cut down version with almost no enemies),so it´s 36,5mbs.now this is really whopping isn´t it?

Ok tom,
    What i'll do is post them here. I think gasattack want's a copy too.
    Main game level;
    http://www.nlc.net.au/~oceana/games/e8.fla
    Simulator;
    http://www.nlc.net.au/~oceana/games/t3.fla
    BlinkOk

Sorry,
    Wait 15-20Mins i'm doing it now
    BlinkOk

tunnel/inverted mouse look

first of all:sorry for this huge post,but i can´t say it much shorter...
    i read the first page of your thread and noticed that inverted look posts.Can you script it as a selectable option whether to use inverted mouselook or not (if not,i could do so).When i showed my demo to some friends half a year ago or so,some of them prefered inverted mouse look,others normal control,but i couldn´t script it as a selectebable option at that time...
    I´ll start combining our two engines when i get your updated fla,but one more idea for your tunnel:i want to lay some sort of space background textures over your tunnel parts (for combat in space).we could use the normal tunnel for parts between the levels.(maybe you know the level in snes starfox where you fly inside a huge spaceship,through a tunnel and then there´s the endboss,a huge reactor.i´ve got that already,i can send it to you if you want to see it now.otherwise you´ll see it tomorrow when i send you the whole updated thingy

I think for the space scene. We could use the same technique as the corners of the tunnel only they would be like stars going past in a blur. They would be lines that were much shorter than the edges and there would be more of them. That way when you went right or left the stars would appear in perspective and enhance the feeling of depth.
    The logic for the tunnel is pretty simple, it's just 14 or 15 slices scaled from 2% through about 500%.
    Think of 15 pieces of paper with holes cut out of the middle.
    BlinkOk

the magic is that it works

any magic trick is easy,when you know how to do it...
    the idea for the stars isn´t bad too.so what about the mouse look.should i do it or will you do it?I´ll check the thread again in 10 minutes,if there´s an answer of you (with a new fla) i´ll start working on that,otherwise i´ll use the last one you posted.
    Man,i´ve worked the whole day on mcfretn´s project and now,when i thought i could go to bed,i realised that i´ve become addicted to the internet and to flash so much that i can´t stop...

You have a go. All the keyboard controls are attatched to a blank MC called scene in the second frame of the main timeline. I say it's a blank MC because it only shows up as a white dot in the flash editor.
    If you need help just post (I got about an hour before i turn into a pumpkin)
    Thanks!
    BlinkOk

models

i started decimating the library and sorting d all unused models in separte movies.it think it´s better to load the new models before each level than to load a huge file before you can even play at all,what do you think?