A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback. Starfox style game

hey tomsamson
    I'm still working on the solid walls/teraain stuff. I don't quite understand what you mean about stopping tracking when you hit the walls?
    Thabks
    BlinkOk

I just can't get my head around it right now. I think I need to wait and see the demo
    Thanks
    BlinkOk

hi blinkok!
    I´m back and working on it again.I just had a new try on the collision detection:Now it works,not perfect,but i´m near to it:The ship bounces off the walls of your tunnelparts now.(if you move the spaceship over the borders of a tunnelpart,it gets pushed back in the counterdirection,so that the player can fly somewhere else).I´m trying this with the armadashiptdemo i send you yesterday.if you have a different try,any fla´s,swfs or comments just post them here (or send them to me),i´ll check back in some hours.You´ll get the new demo with the armadaship featuring our combined engine then

what´s up blinkok?no new effords or no time for them?by the way did you send me any updated flas or receive my last mails?Cause of the demos i´ve been sending around,my mailbox was almost full,so that i didn´t receive large files and mine weren´t sent.(at least i got such a message when i deleted the last few mails).It doesn´t look like you´re in here so i´ll check back tomorrow.
    [Edited by tomsamson on 01-29-2002 at 08:22 PM]

Sorry tomsamson,
    I think i've received 3 demos from you in total. The last one is excellent. I'm still working on the terrain/solid walls thing.
    Thanks
    BlinkOk

Send me fla´s if they are ready to be included into
    the rest, if you still have problems with the collison detection,maybe the fla i send you could help
    cu later

[Edited by tomsamson on 01-30-2002 at 03:53 PM]

Don't have anything for you yet. I think i'm gonna make collision detection your problem and just work on the terrain.
    Hope that's OK
    BlinkOk

no problem.I was cutting down the next demo and the according fla,as i said in my last post,when i saw a webpage which had a text about a new "highly dangerous" virus.I searched my pc and saw that i had the file,so i started downloading the newest antivir appz.But then i searched the symantec.com page for that virus and found out that it is no virus at all.This is only a "joke" by people who want users to delete the file.This file is neeeded by windows to manage larger filenames (so files get corrupt when you delete it..downloading a 200 mb antivir app takes a lot of time even when you have dsl;and apart from that i was really scared about losing my work of the last few months.Haha,how funny.I didn´t laugh at all.
    Now i´m getting back to work on our thingy.that´s way more fun.

i´ll be back

check your box for the update in the next three hours,i´ll come back to the board just after i send it to you so we can discuss it here.

incredibulus-actionscriptum magnetos's Avatar
    tommason i received your demo and when i try it to open it zone allarm really warning me that it could be a potential virus now before i open i wanna ask you if it is safe

why dont you post the demo on the web?

no offense but you can never be to cautious

cia

Hey tom,
    I virus checked by entire drive and came up clean. Mabey you should only e-mail the .swf not an .exe.
    BlinkOk

to magnetos:
    i can understand your worries,after i´ve almost been tricked with that wannabe virus.
    on some machines(depending on security/firewall/antivir app-settings) you get alerts/warnings when you try to open downloaded exe files.As mentioned before i do not have a virus on my pc (and now i have the newest releases of the three best antivir programs,so my files won´t have viruses in them.I´m sending the demos as projector exes cause since this thread is running i got many posts and mails of people who want to see updated demos.I am working on this project in my spare time and am already cutting down a new demo (for blinkok)each day (i have to do so cause i can´t send the level i´m working on each time cause it´s not compressed and holds all units in it,so it´s huge).

To blinkok:you´ll get next demo soon (as i said before),small cutdown fla (which shows the engine itself/no enemies etc)included.I will post the whole thing as swf on fk when the first level is done,so the one´s who want updated demos till then will have to do with projector files.sorry for that
    tomsamson
    [Edited by tomsamson on 01-30-2002 at 08:10 PM]

now that i´m almost finished with all main gameplay elements,i thought about recreating the team.What do you think of putting ourselves (in drawn form) in it for the portraits?so we´ve at least got a new team and not the original characters in it.Who wants himself being one of the mebers?pictures (photos) are welcome.(from front side and iso perspective).tell me which type of character you want to have in the game:like peppy,the helping one,slippy the one being shot all the time and falco being the showoff.
    If you wanted to be one of the heroes in a game,here´s your chance.
    to blinkok:what do you think about that?(do you think we should keep the old characters or would you like to be in it,too?)
    [Edited by tomsamson on 01-30-2002 at 09:07 PM]

I think the're lookin for payday!

They want the game virgina. Starfox in all it's glory

ah,i see,i thought you were saying something about my last post,by the way,what do you think about the idea of putting others(and mybe ourselves(?) in it (if you don´t like it,i´ll delete that post

Smile

hey tomsamson.....is there any chance of getting that code from u or u could email me the fla to....

talktome@popcop.co.uk

The pictures idea is great, however I think i'll pass on it. I'm ugly!
    sweetdude: I think it's gonna be posted when were done
    At least that's what I think is gonna happen
    BlinkOk

to sweetdude:
    sorry for letting you wait,but i´m just cutting it down, as i´m busy with this,you should get it at least till tomorrow afternoon.
    to blinkok:it doesn´t matter if you look ugly (i don´t believe that anyone looks ugly,it´s just a matter of the presentation).I´ll redraw the photos in anime style anyway
    [Edited by tomsamson on 01-30-2002 at 09:54 PM]

Originally posted by BlinkOk
    I think the're lookin for payday!
    i know what you meant with that now :-)