A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback. Starfox style game

to blinkok:do you want the slightly updated demo today or the whole level tomorrow?(i can´t cut it down too much anymore,cause there are much more enemies and the endoss in it now,so i´d have to search and cut the flame apart frame by frame for doing so)

incredibulus-actionscriptum magnetos's Avatar
    allright i open your demo tom very nice the ship moves quite smoothly and i love when the ship goes truogh that straight tunnel and explodes at the end is very nice
    one thing though
    i dont think the ship should be allowed to go off the tunnel
    to my opinion the ship should bounce off the walls but you probably already know that

and there is quite some graphic difference between the two engines

the explosion could be done using vector graphics since they dont last long on the screen
    like the one i made in my never to be finished game
    http://digilander.iol.it/magneto1/game.htm

well i look forward to see the final version of your game guys looks good looks good

Thank you for your praise and comments,magnetos.
    first of all,it´s not my game,its ours (blinkoks and mine),but i think you adressed your post to me cause i send you the demo,so that´s not too bad.
    You can´t get off track in the actual version,and there are no two different engines anymore,evrything is in the engine of the 3d demo,but with the graphics of the first one and concerning the explosions´,i wanted them to look like bitmaps,they are actually flash.( i wanted to have everything look like the original game as far as possible,but (now i´m talking to blink),don´t you like them too?then i could change them (or use the "destroyed"-animations of your enemies.
    to magnetos(again):i liked your "never to be finished" game too.I played it before and i see that you´ve pumped it up quite well,though i couldn´t make it to the end,i´ll try again tomorrow when i have more time for it
    [Edited by tomsamson on 01-30-2002 at 10:50 PM]

hey there,blinkok,i just opened a new thread for the team members thing,let´s see what happens.As it doesn´t look like you´re still here,i´ll work some more on level 2 (you know what that means,i think :-)
    I´ll check back in twenty minutes,write me an answer,if you´re still in,then i will send you the demo i just finished,so we can discuss it,otherwise,cu tomorrow
    tomsamson

No worries tom. I'm here a waiting. (And workin on the terrain)
    Thanks
    BlinkOk

Smile

ok thanks for the help with that game but its not really what i want to happen...

when two diffrent buttons are pressed simutaneously the hand moves with it, the faster u press the buttons the faster the hand goes.

the code u have given me plays the full animation of the hand moving after one press of a key.

also i wanted a power bar at the bottom showing how fast u are pressing

sounds cool but where is the demo? can you upload it to somewhere?

i will upload the gamedemo as soon as it´s finished,if you want the last enginedemo (the one magnetos and the others were talking about),tell me your email and i will send it to you

Sweet

Wow, that really looks great!

Bouncing off walls would be nice, perhaps as just a feature. OR, have a little arrow pointing where hte track is for when you go off it and get lost (leave window for a sec). I played the game at http://www.nlc.net.au/~oceana/games/e8.html in Full Screen (In IE, hit F11) mode, and it was extreamly fast, I could hardly control it! Though the graphics don't look too good at that size (in the bar at the bottom).

I like it!

Hey thanks Ed, The final Starfox version is gonna be very different from that, more like starfox.
    Tomsamson,
    Solid walls. Just then engine. The colors are crap, can you fix em and send me the result. Controls are reversed. Click on the page before you press keys! I know it goes pear shaped when you go off course but if we don't let it go off course the er're OK, right?
    http://www.nlc.net.au/~oceana/games/t5.swf
    http://www.nlc.net.au/~oceana/games/t5.fla
    Thanks
    BlinkOk

cool,i wanted to ask you what you just posted,some kind of telepathic thingy i´ll look at your files combine them with the rest and send you updated ones then.
    [Edited by tomsamson on 01-31-2002 at 06:54 PM]

i like the feedback we get on this,no matter which demo the people have seen,they like them all.

Yeah, feedback's great. I got some logic to keep the ship in the tunnel if you haven't already done it. This terrain is proving to be a real prick though! Anyway look forward to the demo
    Thanks
    BlinkOk

your new demo is good,combined with my approach (in which the ship gets bounced back a little when it hits the borders of your tunnelparts)we should get rid of these little graphic bugs.I´m trying it now,let´s see who can finish his "homework" first.I´ll check back as soon as possible.The ones who liked our previous demos should love the next one

Originally posted by BlinkOk
    . This terrain is proving to be a real prick though! Anyway look forward to the demo
    Thanks
    BlinkOk
    You´re right i´ve got quite some problems with it too.It got even worse because i tried to use it in the leveldemo with all other scripts in it,so i had to search the whole thing for bugs.Now i started all over with the old cutdown combined engine,so merging should become easier.

I wanna see! I wanna see!

yes;finally.

I tried it with the very basic engine from two or three days ago(without all control,enemy and bounce off walls fancy)and it works!It looks like the problem is in the bouncy code,it won´t work with your new one (or it´s much simpler and i only have to change some variables,but i´ll see now that i know where i have to look for it).(note that i cut off horizontal movement cause i want to test it in the armadabuddy from the last demo first.)updated exe/fla/swf will follow as soon as i get the whole thing work together.
    thanks for your hard work;i think both together will be much better than only letting the ship bounce off the walls.
    I have to go and try it until it works perfect.
    check your box to see this ultra cuttdown one,or delete it without watching it,anyway, much better one will come soon
    [Edited by tomsamson on 01-31-2002 at 09:40 PM]

check your box once more blink,ok?
    [Edited by tomsamson on 01-31-2002 at 10:33 PM]

I'm a checkin! Meanwhile I updated the t5.swf and .fla so that the walls get darker as they receed. It seems to add more depth and alows me to remove those ugly lines. The only thing thats changed is the line and line1 symbols!
    Thanks
    BlinkOk

your update info sounds good.I scripted a trail to the sides of the ship,it also adds some feeling of depth,but i think you´ll now what i mean when you see it.
    i know where the bug is,i stumbled over:
    it´s in the control of the tunnel depending on the varaibles of mouse and ship (where it says "nach links" "nach rechts" etc. in the pink anotations in the script(,sorry i forgot translating them all to english)the "nach oben"(upwards movement of tunnel) und "nach unten" (downwards control for tunnel)codes are buggy,but i´m way too tired to do it now and i have to stand up in three hours to go to work.Mail me if you have success with your take on it,up to tomorrow,hopefully with a more positive update
    [Edited by tomsamson on 02-01-2002 at 12:02 AM]