A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: sound frequency

Question

Hello Developers

MP3 compression at lower compression rates adds a "midtone" frecuency pitch to the sound. Is there any way to combat this by adding a counteractive frequency to the file (Midtone boosting or cuting) you are using to export as MP3 in Flash??

WOW! im not sure I guess it does...... yeh try cutting or boosting the midrange, Ive never thought about that! try to experiment with it, and if you get good results let us know!! sounds great =)

Smile

What frequencies?

mid range like 200hz to 1khz?

How did you learn about that?
    What are your sources.

Thumbs up

Heh People !!!

The frequency range is just an idea. That's what I hear in the narration that I'mm compressing. I'm not sure. Maybe I'll call the Flash developers and see if they can point me in the right direction. Any resources you find drop me a line.

Also sometimes I'm getting blips. If you guys are on a LAN or T1 you can check this out. I'm doing a build for RSA security and there's a Post page. Click on the last one and you'll get the presentation. After you are in the introduction page, click on e-security today then secured solutions then Authentication for VPNs. there you can navigate through the presentation with the navtool at the top right hand corner.

Donovan

Smile

I'll post some links in my next post for you
    about mp3.

Smile

http://www.mp3now.com/html/mp3_info.html

as you will read it does not add a midrange frequency what i think your hearing is
    the destructive part of the compression.

when you use the lower bit rates like 64 or less the human can pick up on the changes that the compression has caused.