A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here in the UK?

FK's Fnortner
    Hey guys!

A friend of mine will be visiting Newcastle UK next month till mid summer. He needs to have a work permit, and needs help getting one. Is there anyone here that lives in the UK that can help?

Thanks

Dale

isnt Mark P living around the Newcastle area?

isnt nigs? razor? rugby?

Originally posted by gurdas
    isnt nigs? razor? rugby?
    Im not sure on the permit side of things - but I DO have a reletave who lives in Newcastle!
    Lemme speak to em for you

Whats the details?
    Email me on
    john.sampson@studiowhiz.com

toot toot
    I know absolutely nothing about work permits but I do know I live in the UK....which doesn't help you at all...sorry...

I'm in Yorkshire, UK, but a bit busy. But I've found these links which may be of use

http://www.workpermits.gov.uk/default.asp?pageid=1558

http://www.definitive-workpermits.co.uk/home/index.html

The top link has an downloadable application form

FK's Fnortner
    Hi everyone ... thanks for all the replies and the links. I'll check those after I post this. My friend was sitting next to me during that first post ... he didn't want to say too much, but here's the deal...

His girlfriend is going to college somewhere in Newcasle until summer. I remember him saying that, while he visited her during the holidays, he went to a club called the Jazz Cafe ... if that helps on the locale. Anyway ... he is trying to figure a way to move to the UK and stay with her until summer. (she knows he is working on it) He said his travel agent told him he needed a 'reason' to be in the UK that long ... simply to visit wasn't good enuff for some dang legal reason. The travel agent said that he needed to have a job lined up etc etc.

He is trying to impress his gf. That's one reason why he doesn't ask her to line up a job for him. She thinks he is doing this on his own.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Really .. I (we) appreciate the help.

Dale

My first thought is that no woman is worth that much effort.

Originally posted by Morals
    If she looks like Sarah Michelle Geller??????? Or any woman after 3/4's of the mini-bar on the plane.... hic, hic, hic, I LOVE YOUSH, GISH A KISH, BURP, VOMIT, SPLOSH hehe

FK's Fnortner
    Originally posted by gecko2
    Originally posted by Morals
    If she looks like Sarah Michelle Geller??????? Or any woman after 3/4's of the mini-bar on the plane.... hic, hic, hic, I LOVE YOUSH, GISH A KISH, BURP, VOMIT, SPLOSH hehe
    They're both crazy kids ... about the same age as some of you (I'm 48 ... yeah, I know, what am I doing here) He is almost sick out of his mind in 'lloooovvvveeeee' with her ... and she's a spoiled rich brat who always gets her way. He has always lived here in Tampa Florida USA and has always been under his father's thumb. He hates it here and wants to move somewhere else ... so why not England?

Anyways ... just looking for an easy answer. He is an EXCELLENT drummer ... he's 21, been playing for 11 years. If anyone knows of a BLUES band that needs a drummer ... Here's a short bio from his old bands website:
    http://www.damonfowler.com/aaron.htm (that's not his picture on that page)

Thanks again!

Dale

I'm in UK what you want. MArkp is in sunderland (maccam)

FK's Fnortner
    Originally posted by RazoRmedia
    I'm in UK what you want. MArkp is in sunderland (maccam)
    Hi Razor
    To the point ... my crazy friend is trying to find an easy legal way to stay in the UK from mid February to around June 10th ... visiting from USA. Nigs emailed me ... told me he might be able to help and is working on it.

I won't see any responses for a few hours, so thanks in advance for any help.

Dale

Its perfectly legal to get a work permit over here, should be no trouble as long as its temporary

Bruce

Hahaha!! I am from NEWCASTLE!!! get it right you fools! I only attend Scumderland university...

So... whats this fella's girlfriend like?
    I need a drummer for a band I'm setting up... if he's around tell him to get in contact: markp@markp.com

And if his bird needs company, I'm always a great listener...

M

The Jazz cafe is quite cool on a Monday and Thursday!

FK's Fnortner
    Hey Mark

I just emailed him and told him about your post. He's with his gf somewhere in Newcastle now ... doing what, I don't know. He didn't take alot with him for his stay in the UK, but he did take part of his drum kit ... said if he needs the rest of it he'll have it FedEx'd to him. He's an excellent drummer ... most of his experience is with a well known blues band here in Florida though.

His name: Aaron Fowler
    Her name: Logan Stine

If you end up finding each other, be careful of Logan She'll drive ya crazy ... and not in a 'good' way She's going to some college somewhere around there.

Dale

Just to clear the air... the guy this dude Dale is talking about cheated on Logan and was only going to London to try to win her back. Logan is actually an awesome girl and any guy would be lucky to have her in his presence.

I know this is almost six years later, but we came across this and felt we had to set the record straight. It's okay if you want to call us crazy now.

Wow.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Wow. x2.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

FK's Fnortner
    Wow. x3

I'm not doubting you, but how do you know Aaron and Logan?