A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MACROMEDIA CERT

Does anyone know where I can get a practice test for Flash.
    Also what are the benefits of being certified?

Macromedia has a study guide and sample questions available in this PDF file:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/tr..._dev_study.pdf

The actual benefits are hard to measure at this point. This certification doesn't yet have the wide acceptance of something like MSCE or A+. I would definitely say that it would be a good thing to have in your resume for job hunting or asking for a raise. I imagine that it will be very helpful to freelancers, once employers realize that this is a tough test, capable of seperating the pros from the I-Just-Learned-Flash-Yesterday crowd that is constantly underbidding and screwing up projects.

if all the questions are like that...then i would definoutly take it. Though it seems a bit crappy....

Yes

Its a bit easy

I don't think it's fair to call the test easy. If you know actionscript well and are good at passing variables around to and from Flash then you will pass the test... and you should because that is what the test is supposed to validate. To people who know this stuff it will be easy. Good.

Anybody who just knows how to design imnages in Flash and uses actionscript to navigate their movies will fail this test.

It divides the designers from the developers... that's all it was meant to do.

Also, I found that the 3 "sample questions" that macromedia gives are about the most basic on the test and that the "study guide" was NOT indicative of the actual material.

-Brian

I agree with that too. I dont know actionscript that good, but I am learning and will pass that test. Now how profitable that will be..who knows? It seems like flsah can go in the direction that Visual Basic went...custom application stuff...its all the same.

Big Boi

QUESTIONS

HERE ARE QUESTIONS I MANAGED TO GET, THIS ONES ARE LITTLE BIT MORE TRICKY DONT U THINK??

1. Which combination of Publish Settings causes a movie to appear in a distorted manner?
    0 A. Dimensions: Match Movie; Scale: Exact Fit
    0 B. Dimensions: Percent (100 x 100); Scale: Exact Fit
    0 C. Dimensions: Match Movie; Scale: Default (Show All)
    0 D. Dimensions: Percent (100 x 100); Scale: Default (Show All)

2. If a Macromedia Flash movie is being hosted at: http://www.myDomain.com/myFile.swf, one can use 'loadMovie' to get the following file: http://www.aDifferentDomain.com/media/file.swf.
    0 True 0 False

3. Which usability-related issues can ActionScript alone address?
    0 A. Tab order
    0 B. text-to-speech
    0 C. bookmarking in the browser
    0 D. use of the browser's Back button

4. You want to add code to a movie clip to control its continuous movement using Macromedia Flash 5 ActionScript. Where is the most efficient place from a performance perspective for the code? In
    0 A. the timeline which contains the movie clip
    0 B. the timeline of the movie clip, duplicated over the first two frames with no other frames
    0 C. an onClipEvent (load) event handler located on the movie clip itself with no frames within the movie clip
    0 D. an onClipEvent (enterFrame) event handler located on an additional movie clip located on the first frame of the movie clip's timeline with no other frames

5. Which operator is used to create an object from a constructor function?
    0 A. add
    0 B. new
    0 C. make
    0 D. object

6. A Smart Clip is any movie clip that has ActionScript inside of its timeline.
    0 True 0 False

7. What would be the value of myResult?
    myArray = new Array('one','two','three','four');
    myResult = myArray.length;
    0 A. 1
    0 B. 2
    0 C. 3
    0 D. 4

8. What best describes ActionScript arrays?
    0 A. zero-indexed
    0 B. a primitive data type
    0 C. a switch construct in Macromedia Flash 4
    0 D. requires processing data returned from a server

9. When the code below runs, the trace statement is executed.
    var x = 10;
    if (x != 10) {
    trace("condition met");
    }
    0 True 0 False

10. A variable, x, is given the value 10 on the main timeline of a movie. A movie clip instance, Square, is also placed on the main timeline. From Square's timeline, what causes “10” to be displayed in the Output window?
    0 A. trace(x);
    0 B. trace(top.x);
    0 C. trace(_parent.x);
    0 D. trace(mainTimeline.x);

11. Variables can be initialized in a Macromedia Flash movie at load time by appending them to the URL of the swf.
    0 True 0 False

wow, I'd remove those questions from the board. That is information that is not supposed to be disclosed.

Sorry to sound like a stick in the mud, but you might get some heat for posting those.

why

who is to know thats on the real test?

Cool. Just looking out for you.

Big Boi
    ok people it is not from a real test, it is that i just asked people from macromedia support to get me some more examples so they did, and me being the NICE guy :-) want to share that with you so that you wont rush into it and then so that it is not so easy, beause this questions are a bit tricky dont you think....can you or somebody else give some answers??
    i will post mine in next post

Big Boi
    1. d
    2.false
    3.d
    4.a
    5.b
    6.false
    7.d
    8.a
    9.false
    10.c
    11.false

fk's official minger
    smarty pants

well, id fail !!

dumps url :P

Hello,

Any body up there knows the dumps any resources(url,books)for this exam.

than
    dilip
    dilip_s@Hotmail.com

Obvious - learn the program.

Hopefully the exam IS difficult - very - otherwise what value does it hold??

I believe that
    3 is A: Tab order in flash forms can be controlled by 100% ActionScript whereas any browser functionality (e.g. the back button), needs to use a scripting language like javascript. (e.g. getURL("javascript:history.go(-1);");)

and

11 is true: If you append the flash file in the HTML like this:
    Code:
    "myFile.swf?x=3"
    When the movie loads, x can be addressed and it will be equal to 3.

I take the test tomorrow morning - will let you know how it goes incase you all care. I already passed the web developer exam - but that is being discontinued. Anyone get any different answers? Peace!

Big Boi

GOOD LUCK!!!

I agree on the third, well i dont know, what is a tab order??
    Also 11 i didnt understand what is ment by this question.
    SO you think other ones are correct??
    I wish you good luck on a test, also i would like to take this test in some near future, so i would like to know some more questions that can be there, so if you can i would be glad that you post some of questions that you will have here so i can see what knowledge is requried for this test and anything else there is.
    GOOD LUCK !!!

Originally posted by sgtpritchard
    I believe that
    3 is A: Tab order in flash forms can be controlled by 100% ActionScript whereas any browser functionality (e.g. the back button), needs to use a scripting language like javascript. (e.g. getURL("javascript:history.go(-1);")

and

11 is true: If you append the flash file in the HTML like this:
    Code:
    "myFile.swf?x=3"
    When the movie loads, x can be addressed and it will be equal to 3.

I take the test tomorrow morning - will let you know how it goes incase you all care. I already passed the web developer exam - but that is being discontinued. Anyone get any different answers? Peace!

Ok - JUST got back from taking the test... You know those questions above? Ones almost EXACTLY like them were on the test! That test has got to be one of the hardest tests I have ever taken in my life. I use Flash at work every day - I am the senior Flash developer and I think I have a really good understanding of ActionScript - so I passed... but barely. Just thought I'd tell you - thanks for the good luck!

Big Boi
    ok what about questions?? how many where they, what fields of knowledge were required, how much time do you have to write it? can you help yourself whit some notes or something like that?? tell me about it now that you pass it, i helped you whit this i suppose, so i would be glad that you tell me more about it if you would be so nice :-).

Originally posted by sgtpritchard
    Ok - JUST got back from taking the test... You know those questions above? Ones almost EXACTLY like them were on the test! That test has got to be one of the hardest tests I have ever taken in my life. I use Flash at work every day - I am the senior Flash developer and I think I have a really good understanding of ActionScript - so I passed... but barely. Just thought I'd tell you - thanks for the good luck!

It is 65 questions, true/false, multiple choice and choose 2 questions. You get like roughly 1 minute per question total. I forget the time exactly. You are provided with scratch paper and a pen.

the questions (without being unfair and telling test questions) cover the XML object - loading data into flash - smart clips - object actions - arrays - events - referencing - and troubleshooting.

probably the toughest questiosn were the XML ones for me - little to no experience there and the troubleshooting ones. Like they would give you code - say - what will this do and what is the answer - or will this work?

It is werid - the questions above are very close to the real thing - the study quide macromedia offers is not very close on. Which is good - once clients find out how tough the test is - people will want certified peeps - the web developer cert. was a lot easier.