A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sky and Coulds in Flash

Hey all you master Flash users. I am looking to make a simulated sky with clouds for a animation on my site. I was looking at the way the 3D animation on the Parilax Project worked and thought that using a background Fade with 2 Transparanet GIF's a cool 3D looking sky effect could be done. However when I try it I get long streaks of lines and no clouds. Help me please.. This is for my persoanl use but would be a good learning project.

Jusitn
    http://www.liljack.net
    justin@liljack.net

Ah, this is almost impossible to diagnose what the problem might be. I do know one thing, you should try using a PNG as opposed to a GIF. They handle gradients much better. Also, try placing those cloud images on an Alpha at 99%.

Good luck

tdcollins

I made some clouds in photoshop, imported them into flash, broke apart the image to hose tha background, alpha'd it down to about 20-30% and made a motion tween with many frames to make it look smooooooth.

As for your graphic turning into a bunch o' lines... try deleting the graphic & re-importing it. Sometimes that works for me.

Groovy.

bd7

Thanks for the speedy responces, I think I can get it to work now..

Justin