A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Argh! Sound effects bunched together? Help!

Hey Guys, I really need help. I'm pulling my hair out.

I have a 5-scene movie for my site, Morganth.com. Don't go there, because that's not synced with what I'm having problems with.

All my scenes work fine until this one scene I have called "Security Layer", with a bunch of keyboard typing effects and sound effects to match. The problem is, when I get up to this layer in any browser if the whole movie is exported, the sound effects start playing all jumbled together, as if the speed of the layers with sound effects was 5x as fast as the speed of the layers with text effects.
    The way I got around this was by putting the sound effects in a seperate SWF and loading it, but to have an accurate preloader I want these INSIDE this scene, ALL in this movie. To see the messed up part, go here, and watch up to when you hear messed up SFX on the security layer (the torso of a 3D guy will spin on the right side).
    http://www.morganth.com/new/messed

Now, to see why this problem is so WEIRD, I found out it must have to do with the scenes of my movie or something, because when I test the scene alone, the sound effects work fine. Check this out to see what I mean:
    http://www.morganth.com/new/ok

Does anyone have ANY clue as to how I can fix this? Have you ever seen this happen before or have any information on it? I'd appreciate it. Oh yea, I'm working in Flash 5 but this was happening in 4 as well.

-Morganth

Lightbulb try this...

hey, nice intro

try this though.. instead of bunching up your keyboard typing sounds why dont u just open a audio program and place around 3 keyboard "hits" in one sound wav

then loop it with the text... it wont be in sync unless you work on it alot but it is possible with this method!!

Thanks, but...

Thanks for compliments... but...
    As you can see it's not just a matter of "bunching em together." It's a matter scene transitions, and I need serious help

-Morg

Sound Sync

I'm having the same problem in a 5 scene movie. It seems to be the Flash 5 plug-in that is causing the problem. I never had this problem before. It seems to help if I go with event timing instead of streaming, but that doesn't work well now that the Flash 5 plug-in plays faster than the Flash 4 plug-in. My sounds get doubled up, or a future scene sound starts playing in an earlier scene. It seems to help if I separate the sounds with more frames. Help Macromedia!

Juan Ittoworkright

Hey

Mind if I see your website and where it's messing up? I'd like to see if you truly have the same problem because we may be able to figure it out together.

-Morg