A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Football is wierd!

Señor member
    We sat up and watched the first half of the superbowl on skysports last night (until 2am) and I'd have to say in all that time, I've never realised what a daft sport NFL is

I was astonished to find out that the game time is only 15 mins per quarter!! It takes so long to do anything!!

I understand the result was a bit of an upset though although watching it, the New England team looked like they did defend well ..

don't worry James... I feel the same way for soccer and rugby... just one of those things I just don't get

now hockey and basketball... that's my style. even though I played football in highschool and growing up, I've always liked basketball and hockey better

Anything. Anytime. Anywhere. aliensynergy's Avatar
    American Football is so wrong

They wear so much protective gear! Its insane! They are playing football not driving an F1 car!
    And they have like two teams on one side, defence and offence!

Rugby League, Rugby Union...now THAT is Football!

Don't talk to me about Soccer..those wussies are weak! They fall over and roll around like there is an alien attached to their leg

Originally posted by aliensynergy

Don't talk to me about Soccer..those wussies are weak! They fall over and roll around like there is an alien attached to their leg
    That's the fun of soccer, pretending you're dying so the other will get a red card. Then standing up like nothing happened!

UNified
    Australian Rules.... short sleeves, short shorts and big balls. (footballs that is) and no padding and cute tights and long sox.

Good to see the undogs win though

thants way it called "AMERICAN"

uncultured swine. American Football is the one of the greatest, hardest, fastest, toughest games in the world. If you are a QB you have 3 seconds from the snap to get the ball ten years down the field with 23 stone men bearing down on you, and if you are an RB you have to run past five bodies in 2 yard with the selfsame 23 stone men bearing down on you. The most soccer players have to put up with physically is a mistimed tackle. And i'm from the UK.

hmm.. grown men running around a big feild chasing the poor jackass who happend to catch the funny shaped leather ball. with a couple hundred thousand pissed up sports fans cheering everytime somebody gets squashed.......kinda sounds fun to me....

heheh

-s-

Originally posted by aliensynergy
    They wear so much protective gear! Its insane! They are playing football not driving an F1 car!
    yeah but people have still died playing it....
    rugby is generally u get swung round, or a hard hit, but they dont continue crushing u forever and its not every 30seconds ur getting hit...

saying rugby is hard than american football is just being dumb, they are about as hard as each other...

now Aussie Rules thats a real game for real men
    is Plugga still playing (never gets shown in england)
    [Edited by xup878 on 02-04-2002 at 08:44 AM]

Señor member
    Originally posted by UKFlash
    uncultured swine. American Football is the one of the greatest, hardest, fastest, toughest games in the world. If you are a QB you have 3 seconds from the snap to get the ball ten years down the field with 23 stone men bearing down on you, and if you are an RB you have to run past five bodies in 2 yard with the selfsame 23 stone men bearing down on you. The most soccer players have to put up with physically is a mistimed tackle. And i'm from the UK.
    LOL ... there were certainly some tubby specemins on display last night It's all well and good having 3 seconds to pass/throw/run like a girl but the whole play seems to last no more than 10 seconds.

Just seems like a good excuse to get drunk for several hours

Originally posted by UKFlash

no chance, check out Irish Gaelic or Hurling, these are men sports, !

UNified
    xup878

now Aussie Rules thats a real game for real men
    is Plugga still playing (never gets shown in england)
    Making a come back this year, Hope he can still "do it" however I have my doubts and hope he does not make a goose of himself.

Jofta

From Sydney town

listen, you are right about football - the pace kills me. if you want an american sporting event that you can really sink your teeth into, follow the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament starting in march. this is the most exciting 3 week event in the sporting world!

FK Junkie
    Your right, american football is confusing and wierd to those who haven't grown up with it... now Cricket! THERES a mans game! You can watch it for 5 days and still not know what the heck is going on .

I like football . But you realise they didn't always wear those pads, get back to our grandfather's day and they could fold up the helmet and put it in their back pockets. Of course, I don't think there were quite as many 250 lb men who could outrun the local high school's track star and routinely smashed into you at full sprint, but hey.

Originally posted by jamble7000
    and you say this like it's a bad thing?

Señor member
    Originally posted by gerbick
    and you say this like it's a bad thing?
    Now I never said it like it's bad ... I was amazed Mariah Carey's national anthem wailing was world class entertainment ... straining to reach the unnecessary high note and failing so miserably

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar

I was amazed Mariah Carey's national anthem wailing was world class entertainment ... straining to reach the unnecessary high note and failing so miserably
    Yeah, they should put a public health warning on her. Your eardrums could explode.

American Football is funny...bashing and blood gushing and sh**. Its a stupid sport, that only Americans play......haha! Only!...wonder why....CAUSE ITS A STUPID SPORT!!

Its alright......Rugby is better but American Football has lots of crap going on also.

And why is it called football? Field goals and punts are not really enough to name the sport after. I actually quite like it myself and I live in the UK.
    [Edited by netscot on 02-04-2002 at 12:01 PM]

see my footer. Bob Dylan sang it. never a wiser word spoken. Especially about threads like this.