A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need a name for a webdesign company

Hi everyone. I am sorry that i asked this question in this forum. We going to launch a webdesign company by some students in New Zealand. We are looking for a nice name.Our favourite name was cyberdesign.But someone already got this name.We just ask you if you have some nice name that we can use...

Tell us what the best software you think to use for webdesigning

Thanks guys.I love this forum..

netmastanx
    netmastanx@hotmail.com

your company name

Company names,huh? Do the brainstorm thingy just write down every name you can think of for 10 minutes and then whittle it down.... You'll be amazed at your new name. As for the program I use and abuse net objects fusion 5.0 myself great for right brainers like myself who are graphic artists first and foremost.

V.A.G.

Re: your company name

Thanks for your idea.u r cool and smart..

Re: Re: your company name

Originally posted by netmastanx
    Thanks for your idea.u r cool and smart..
    That was very nice... don't know how accurate it is but it's nice all the same!

Notepad, SWiSH, and some tools made by me are my design tools, i would pick a technical name like Cyberdesyne... try different spellings such as that one! Cyberdesyne?

Hey pretender!...check out this!..its a Hotrod notepad!
    mucho better! http://www.editplus.com/
    It will open & write anything...
    Netmastanx...Vegasartguy's Idea is a good one...should be a fun project with the students...have your credit card ready when you check to see if they are available though!
    DON'T check & wait until tommorrow...I've had names ripped off a bunch of times the same or next day!...There are peepholes in the domain search engines! Have to be! 1 or 2 would be coincidence...a 1/2 dozen is'nt...just my experience!...ziggy
    [Edited by gjkillam on 09-18-2000 at 11:17 PM]

thanks for your reply

Originally posted by gjkillam
    Hey pretender!...check out this!..its a Hotrod notepad!
    mucho better! http://www.editplus.com/
    It will open & write anything...
    Netmastanx...Vegasartguy's Idea is a good one...should be a fun project with the students...have your credit card ready when you check to see if they are available though!
    DON'T check & wait until tommorrow...I've had names ripped off a bunch of times the same or next day!...There are peepholes in the domain search engines! Have to be! 1 or 2 would be coincidence...a 1/2 dozen is'nt...just my experience!...ziggy
    [Edited by gjkillam on 09-18-2000 at 11:17 PM]

Hey, New Zealand, screams Kiwi, how 'bout.

Kiwidesign

Kiwi-tech

WebKiwi

I don't know, my 2 cents.

Greg

Hmmm...how about "CyberKiwi" or "CyberKiwis" ???

Since this sounds like a group thing, while one part
    of the group is writing down name possibilities, the
    other members can be checking the names out at:

http://www.networksolutions.com

Good Luck!!!!! (hehehe) I also own "cyberdex.com"

A few more:

1. nzweb
    2. webnz

What is the name of the student organization now? Is
    there some way to incorporate the name?

Here's one: grafique.com

Dunno if any of these are taken...go check!

Thanks buddy !

Originally posted by flash777
    Hmmm...how about "CyberKiwi" or "CyberKiwis" ???

Since this sounds like a group thing, while one part
    of the group is writing down name possibilities, the
    other members can be checking the names out at:

http://www.networksolutions.com

Good Luck!!!!! (hehehe) I also own "cyberdex.com"

A few more:

1. nzweb
    2. webnz

What is the name of the student organization now? Is
    there some way to incorporate the name?

Here's one: grafique.com

Dunno if any of these are taken...go check!

Originally posted by netmastanx
    Hi everyone. I am sorry that i asked this question in this forum. We going to launch a webdesign company by some students in New Zealand. We are looking for a nice name.Our favourite name was cyberdesign.But someone already got this name.We just ask you if you have some nice name that we can use...
    Tell us what the best software you think to use for webdesigning
    Okay, a little pet peeving to follow, not a flame, just a straightening out:

1) Of course a name like Cyberdesign would be taken. cyber-anything has been done to death. Not original and not a draw for business at all.

2) You are going to start a company for webdesigning and don't already have extensive knowledge of web design software? I think you may be a little bit to inexperienced to start your own company. Work for someone else that has a company first and get your feet wet.

Sorry, just my 2 cents, and stepping off the soapbox before the tomatoes fly.
    (I get the same type of questions every day from my full time job too, so it's a big peeve).

Steelsun

Originally posted by Steelsun
    You are going to start a company for webdesigning and don't already have extensive knowledge of web design software? I think you may be a little bit to inexperienced to start your own company.
    Your dead right, I see this all the time, they do a little animation and they are the next satchi & satchi.
    Anyway your advice is spot on - find a company first - get a feel for it.

Cheers

Step off. Let him do what he wishes. If he could make $100 so be it. Are you afraid he's going to take some of your business away? I don't think so.

My 2 cents and I end my comments here.

Originally posted by velez
    Step off. Let him do what he wishes. If he could make $100 so be it. Are you afraid he's going to take some of your business away? I don't think so.
    neither do i, I offered critisim it may not have been constructive. And if anyone here cannot take it, they are in the wrong bizness.

I never knock enterprise, but i also hate to see peole fail because of bad preperation., you wouldnt change a lightbulb and call yourself an electrical installer would you..

and thats my final answer

To all.We know some software such as Dreamweaver,Fireworks,photoimpact,Flash4/5,swish, Frontpage,Photoshop,Image styler,Adobe imagestlyler etc..

May be there is better software than this.So we asked if anyone knows other software....

Need a webdesign company name ???? 100 heads are better than 10 heads >>>>>>>>

cheers

netmastanx...I was just thinking!...there is an house painting outfit here in the NW US called "college pro" I think...they hire nothing but college students to help them with their tuitions etc. They are growing like crazy!
    Might be a good "angle" to use with your student design Co. & name...you'd be surprised!, how many people are willing to help out students & get a good deal in return!...just an observation & idea...ziggy

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

I can just see it, after many years of hard work; your firm finally makes the big time...

You are interviewed about how it all started, and you say,"well i asked the swish forum for a name and they said... and we did..."

Yawn...

Pick a local hill, or somewhere with a local historical interst so that when you are asked...

As a contribution, after I ragged on the poor kid, here's some ideas:

1) like almark said, find a local historical/famous place to name it after.

2) Have an old unique nickname? Use that. I've been using Steelsun for about 15 years, and use that name myself for two of my companies.

3) Pick a name that automatically brings up an image of something, and use that image as a logo. Examples: Lighthouse Design, Mammoth Ivory Web Works, etc. Just hearing names like that brings up the image of an object and will help in name retention.

4) Avoid overly acronymic names, but use a cute one if it's not too cute. TWBWDC (for The Worlds Best Web Design Company) is too bulky and frankly sucks. Something like SAND (Student and Nerd Designers) is a little more catchy and funny.

my 2.3 cents (inflation you know)

Steelsun

Actually i like the web works on the end.. I was actually thinking of the same thing the other day.. I came up with FireWalker Graphics Design Studio.. Or Turning Leaf Design Stuio.. All things that i saw and just visualized..

If you Use Any Them I Excpect $$$$$$ LOL j/k

Good Luck

I'm sitting here after getting back from a party and checking mail and a few places like this. Also have the TV on in the background and that real cheesy but fun Pam Anderson movie is on, and it hit me: Barbed Wire Web Works!

That would be a great name. Logo can be a spiderweb made out of barbed wire.

Barbedwire.com and bwww.com are taken.
    But BarbedWWW.com is still available - someone get it fast.
    (I got too many domains already).

(all I ask is maybe a nice credit on your site or maybe a link to my company)

Steelsun