A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Graphics :)

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

Hey everyone! Had a second so I though I'd post a few new graphics of mine!

[Full view]

[Already is full view]

[already is full view]

[Download zip]

[Full view]

Also check out [My i3 splash]. (Didn't want to post a huge previewless file in the already gigantic post

All of these are brought to you by the good people over at dtfusion.com. Any comments on any of the piees would be appreciated! Thanks!

Chuck

UpNorth,

1,3, and 4 are very nice. I like 3 especially, kind of an organic look to it the way the shapes are. Personally, that's something I try to do myself with those types of images.

Nice work

mg33

wow UpNorth ! Very cool stuff

I like the 2nd and the 3rd a lot !!

a

Great stuff!

I like the third one the best....is that a bunch of polar coordinate distortion?

My Good Little Birdie

Thnks everyone

mike and aria - been a veeeeeery long time nice seeing ya around!

Mike - if you'd like I can give you a few pointers on the organic look I did it in lightwave and theres a cool technique in it that makes things simple.

Calpomatt - Lightwave

I like the third one, looks like you put a whole lot of time in it, just wanna give you your props.

Graphics programs

Which Graphics programs do you use?
    I'm very interested in getting into computer animation again but I'm not sure which program to start with. In high school I used a little bit of Director 4.0 and Infini-D but that's about it. I've attempted Adobe photoshop but they are 1) very complicated and I never get the results I want, and 2) Very expensive.

I have a mac Ibook and would like to get something easy to use, cost effective, and produces high quality work. Is there anything you guys can suggest for me?

Thank you very much. Your pictures are way cool. I like no. 2 and 3 the best.

Very nice

#3 is amazingly well done. I'd also be very interested in knowing what program you created this particular graphic in. Nice work.

-Bel

My Good Little Birdie

Hey everyone! I'll try and asnwer your questions.

JacklynRhea - I used a combination of photoshop, lightwave, and cinema4d. Photoshop may be very complicated, however once you pick up on it it has amazing results. REgarding your question about an easy, cost effective program that produces amazing results...well if you ever find one, let me know because none of them that I know do that. I would start with photoshop, and then once you feel confident about your skills then buy a 3d program such as 3d studio max or lightwave and learn those. you need to invest a lot of time to be able to learn there programs however, so realize that it takes tim. I would reccomend deviantart.com as well as somethingleet.com for learning and asking questions You can find me at both of those places under the handle 'dtfusion'.

Belier - I used lightwave as well as photoshop to assemble and layer the renderings.

A rundown of what I used for each program:
    1) Lightwave and Photoshop
    2) Photoshop
    3) Lightwave and Photoshop
    4) Cinema4D and Photoshop
    5) Photoshop
    6) Cinema4D and Photoshop

Hope that helps all of you with questions and thanks for your comments on my work!! Also check out my latest bit of work at http://www.dtfusion.com/slsplash Make sure and read the < title> of the page before accusing me of ripping ideas

Thanks again!

Chuck

i´m a cinema4D...

... fan too. Do you use it for animations too?

My Good Little Birdie

My computer really can't handle animation. I've made a few basic ones but I'm not nearly advanced enough to do nice pretty animations anyways I might make a space scene though...see how things work out with school & stuff

what I use.......

I haven't got Photoshop, but I find Paintshop Pro and Fireworks work well. I've had good luck with them........by the way. Love ALL of them, nice work!