A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: On Click go to URL.....

Hi
    I've gone through the Help files and read in the Forum but can't find an answer why the following doesn't work:
    I put a .jpg picture frame in the Layout area and then inserted different .jpgs into the blank area of the picture frame with a 10-frame fade in/fade out. Works beautifully. When I serted the seperate .jpgs in the blank area of the frame, I clicked on the Actions tab the action to "On Click and filled in the URL at the bottom. Exported to Dreamweaver4 and it's beautiful except that when you click, nothing happens...Swish just keeps playing :-) I went back into Swish and took offf the picture frame and just had the individual photos with the action above...still the link action doesn't work...all help greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance, Fred
    P.S. Where's the message icon for "Pulling One's Hair Out!" LOL

Originally posted by Fred1936
    Hi
    I've gone through the Help files and read in the Forum but can't find an answer why the following doesn't work:
    I put a .jpg picture frame in the Layout area and then inserted different .jpgs into the blank area of the picture frame with a 10-frame fade in/fade out. Works beautifully. When I serted the seperate .jpgs in the blank area of the frame, I clicked on the Actions tab the action to "On Click and filled in the URL at the bottom. Exported to Dreamweaver4 and it's beautiful except that when you click, nothing happens...Swish just keeps playing :-) I went back into Swish and took offf the picture frame and just had the individual photos with the action above...still the link action doesn't work...all help greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance, Fred
    P.S. Where's the message icon for "Pulling One's Hair Out!" LOL
    I would suggest putting a transparent rectangle as the very top layer in the movie and putting the gotoURL action on that rectangle so there is no question of covering the object with teh action, and no question of an action on an object that is undergoing an effect.

Cheers,

Flick

Normally on mine I use the on release. Just personal prefrence. Any way make sure you are putting the http:// in the link. Just plain http://www.link.com will not work.