A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "film loops" on flash ?

How it's possible to make "film loops" with flash ?

similar what's possible to do with Director.

it's quite frustrating to make loops with copy/paste method, specially if same time is needed scaling with the animation loop.

all help appreciated.

film loops in director are kinda what Movie Clips are in Flash...
    the difference is u gotta make a picture into a clip before u start to add more frames... ok i think thats all

movie clips ?

do you mean .swf files ?

I tried to make "film loop" that way, but after importing it, the animation is still on separate frames.

I would like to get animation to one single frame.

is it possible to do on flash ?

Yes, what XUP was talking about are built in to the .fla - they are essentially new timelines which you create, then can insert into the main timeline.

You can create them using Insert>New Symbol, then select a Movie Clip (which can be controlled easier), or a Graphic, which you can play back from within the Flash environment, but wull need to make sure you allow ffor the proper number of frames on the main timeline.

The Flash tutorials in the Help menu might prove useful in better understanding how they work, and how it relates conceptually to Director.

ok, thanks! :=)

I'll have to test it.

it works, but you have to remember copy/paste all frames.

it's works when using Movie Clip, I haven't tested with Graphic option yet...

what is exactly difference between them, when used as Symbols ?

--

btw. using Movie clips as "film loops" doesn't allways work like it should.

[Edited by Jukkis on 02-14-2002 at 08:55 AM]

the difference between movie clips and graphics is that a movie clip will always run, unless u use actionscript to stop it... whereas a graphic will only play when the maintimeline is playing... if ya get what i mean..

yes, I also noticed it myself.

Thanks anyway.

and actually you can't see animation inside movie clip before the flash animation (.fla) is published as (.swf) ...

atleast I couldn't see animations from movie clips on the stage, but after publish preview (F12) I could see them.