A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: multiple monitors

hi, i'm having a problem with a Standalone projector. I have to show in a three monitor PC, three diferent projectors. The PC works with 3 video cards and when i execute the projectors on Fullscreen, only the primary monitor show all of them at the same time, and the other two just show the desktop. Only when i deactivate the fullscreen the 3 monitors show the respective projector, but it looks very ugly with the windows bar. I try transforming the projector to a screensaver file, hoping that windows will show the screensaver on a panoramic view crossing the three monitors, but again only the primary monitor show the screensaver.

Any solution?
    i will be thankful before any help.
    thanks

It depends on your Multi Monitor software. I use Hydra Vision and I know that in order to do this with that you would have to Move to one Monitor and open the Projector then move to the second and open the next projector there and so forth.

However your setup sounds diffrent than mine so that may not help- (Oh yeah, I'm using a Radeon VE Card BTW, Its 1 Card and up to 3 monitors) but I'm willing to bet you have to mess around with software.

try just exporting the whole piece large enough for the three monitors. Dont do the whole scale to fit or full screen or it wont work. or u could have three separate pieces and have them talk to eachother via the FS save command.

i try that, but i have to maximize the window crossing the three monitors and set them to not to show the classic windows bar, by moving the projector up and using the monitor's menu to hide the edge of the window. With all that it work, but the animation slow down a lot and it seem like if it was a slow motion movie. The projector is about 1 Mb. and is impossible to to diminish it more.

any idea?
    thanks

Originally posted by garzinger-z
    i try that, but i have to maximize the window crossing the three monitors and set them to not to show the classic windows bar, by moving the projector up and using the monitor's menu to hide the edge of the window. With all that it work, but the animation slow down a lot and it seem like if it was a slow motion movie. The projector is about 1 Mb. and is impossible to to diminish it more.

any idea?
    thanks
    Add more RAM and increase the processor to your computer. That should help a bit. The slowdown is due to LAG. The Flash Player is extremly RAM hungry and is a processor Pig. Its performance on Windows machines is directly related to both RAM and speed of the CPU.

Lamentably the computer is not mine, and for the record the PC is a Celeron 667 and have 128 Mb in RAM with windows 98 and i can't change it because is the client's computer. Thanks anyway.