A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sound Synchronisation

FK's Fnortner
    Hi DR

I noticed that there were two separate sync questions on the first page, and I've bumped this in hopes that it'll be seen and read by the folks looking for answeres to their sync questions. It was common practice some time ago to bump up certain 'important' threads. This thread was one of them. The popular 'Tips' thread was another, but for some reason I couldn't find it.

Dale

Consider it bumped.
    While changing my profile, I accidentally clicked the link that said
    "Add 'Dead Rabbit' to your Ignore List"
    so now I can't talk to myself anymore...

The Repository -:- The Forum

possibility.

Well I don't know if anyone is monitoring this thread anymore...anyhow...

I've noticed some animated flash cartoons get pretty close to sync, but Ninjai seems perfect, and I hear it's all Flash. Anyone a Ninjai fan? Also I think I saw a graphic EQ visual that synced up to the music quite well. This is something I 'd like to do. A flash visual EQ that actually responds to the high/mid/low frequencies of the sound (or I'd settle for a simple bass "thump" sync).

Ahmm..hmmm..
    Lil Child
    Runnin Wild

Voice is normally broken into clips. That will work with reasonable accuracy. As for the EQs, there are some made with Flash that actually respond to the sound levels, the same way WinAmp works.

ok i have a question i thought the main purpose of coverting mp3's and other audio media to streaming swf's was to reduce the file size of that media.following instructions from here and using swift-mp3 i converted a 533kb mp3 into a streaming swf and it made the thing bigger to 588kb what gives?

Streaming a sound does not make it smaller, it makes it easier for the browser to "digest". An ordinary movie would have to download the entire 533kb sound before it can play, but if it's streamed, it will begin to play immediately and continue playing as it downloads.

Make sense?

oh i see.but using the streaming method would still help reduce loading time correct?

Absolutely. It virtually eliminates the load time for the sound, because it plays as it downloads.

Think of it like a radio signal - it plays as it hits your radio, whereas a CD song plays after it's loaded into your CD player.

but wouldnt that cause the sound to stop/start during the loading process depending on the user thats viewing it internets speed for example it would work fine for people with broadband but would stop/start with 56k users due to it having to load

Streaming.

As far as I know in Flash you set up your preloader to preload a certain amount of your music stream and movie. As for timing it out on different modem speeds you do that when you test movie, making sure that at 56k you will need to preload X amount of your movie for everything to run smoothly. I think, I might be confused. It is like when I watch a Quicktime movie, when a certain amount of the movie is loaded the Quicktime player plays uninterupted. Once the whole .mov file has been cached you can play it over and over again with no interuption. Am I right? Or is there no "preloading" streamed audio?
    Lil Child
    Runnin Wild

The links to the sync'd sound swf's (the ones listed in recent posts) are ALL DEAD. Could someone please verify this?

There are no links in any of the replies that were posted this year.

Since this is an old thread, please start a new one with your question and any file requests (I can't guarantee they will be honored) and we'll see if we can help.

For all forum members, since this is an old thread, I'm closing it now. Please start a new one with your specific issues or help requests.