A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: View Source?

can you guys help me?
    I had a virus on notepad, and i was informed by my anti-virus program, and now I can't view the source of things. is it possible to change it so that I use wordpad or something so I can actually view the source of the file?

FK Board Loser
    yeah in your file types just change the "open with" or "edit" or "open" type... or you can just create a whole new type.

I already tried that

didn't work

FK Official Postman
    Latest IE patches installed? I had the same issue...downloaded newest updates and it worked...

i had to delete notepad..

running ME

I'm not sure if ME has this feature, but perhaps like on Windows 2000 you can right click a file and choose "Send To" and possible WordPad is in the list. If it's not, you can make a shortcut of WordPad, and paste it into the "Send To" folder. Not sure where that is on ME but on Windows 2000 it will be within a C:/Documents and Settings folder.

maybe that will work. I could check my roomate's laptop which has ME on it, but I'm about to head to bed. Plus, I think ME is disgusting and I thought I was going to lose my mind when setting up a network for our DSL with my computer and his. I think ME stands for Majorly Easy, in a sense that anything complicated I could do on Windows 2000 wasn't available to be done on ME, meaning any old moron could use it and not break it.

mg33

Señor member
    I flick between notepad and other apps depending on my mood each day. I'd suggest just insalling code-genie which I've found to be most useful

http://www.code-genie.com/

wierd, u can probably just re-install notepad again? cant u?