A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Those Darned Forms!!!!

Hi,

your fears are right - the install feature just adds the domain name etc to a fresh copy... you might want to rename it to mymail to be sure
    You should get the readme from Matt's site which used to describe the setup in very reasonble terms. Also, since you can upload scripts of your own and there is no 'strange' domain name involved, you could get Netbreed's flashmailer instead - the difference: it does not send to a thankyou page but rather sends back a flash variable, so you can use loadvariables rather than geturl and show a thankyou message within the movie

Musicman

Thx Music....
    I think I will go with the flash mailer. Where can I find it??? I've tired it on netbreed.com but its under construction.

J

Hi,

there is a line "moderated by" on the top of the forum page, just click on NETbreed

Musicman

Hey Music,

Can you give some advice on how to change the titles on my submission page... I mean when you hit submit I get
    THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING THIS FORM...and all that stuff... BUT when I download the script and edit the HTML part the script comes back as internal server error...any idea???

Thx

J

Music... can you help with this part???

I got your email BTW. You are the man.
    J

Hi,

editing these things is best done with a copy of perl at hand; while running the script through perl does not replace a webserver test, it would at least discover syntax errors.
    Otherwise it is a matter of discipline .... getting quotes and other characters paired up
    %Config = (.......
    'title','this is my custom title',
    print <<END_OF_SOMETHING;
    ... text to print ...
    ... goes here ...
    END_OF_SOMETHING
    there is one semicolon where the stanza starts, and there better had not be any extra whitespace where it ends

Musicman