A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Object without motion is moving.........

Ok, this is something I've been playing around with for a while now. I had some free time tonight and decided to work on it in 3.5. Copied and pasted some elements into the file, added my land changed my links. Everything seemed to work fine.

That is until I went to move backwards (actually slow down), and the plane(which does not have any motion at all)moves completely off the bottom of the screen.

Here is the file in it's current state..........

http://members.aol.com/lucky13thday/plane.html (130k)

You will need to click on the file itself to gain control, use the arrow keys for movement. Notice that the plane remains in the same place while the land moves, until you go backwards for a certain amount of time. Then the plane slowly begins to accelerate in reverse, never to be seen again.

Here is the movie file, if anyone wants to take a look......

http://members.aol.com/lucky13thday/movie628.movie

The land image is not included in the movie file, but you can still get the idea of whats going on.

Any help is greatly appreciated.....

-Jason

interesting

tried it in 3.51 and sure does fly away eh

Turninging off "Has Properties" will fix it. but this is a wierd bug for sure.

I figured that turning off the properties would fix it, but I plan on adding a slight motion to the plane in the near future, so thats not on option. Guess I'll just send in a bug report on this one.

-Jason

That is an odd one. We're looking at it. Can you confirm that at no stage do you do anything with the velocity or acceleration of the plane ?

Regards

Originaly the plane had an angular velocity, but I removed all of that code before pasting in the other elments. I have searched through the file repeatedly trying to find a hint as to why its moving, and I can find nothing. Pretty much everything in the file was pasted in and the links later changed, if that means anything.

-Jason