A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: This one's for the GENIUSES'

I am making a project in flash for the CD-ROM.I have imported a quicktime file into my movie in a separate scene.I have also added as many frames to the scene containing the quicktime file as the length of the file.
    the big question is : How to export this movie in a way that it does not lose its interactivity and also plays the quicktime file within it, at the click of a button.

If you think that this is the wrong approach, let me know of options where i can link my quicktime file with flash. I tried it in director but director doesn't play my sound files within the flash movie and freezes after it reaches certain frames within the flash file.

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

gee this is a real area of confusion, I answer this just about every second day you can't play back video within flash, to get your .mov to play back with flash navigation intact, you need to export the thing as a .mov, it just isn't something flash can do, and it probably never will (well, never say never)Hope this doesn't stuff up your proj too much there are ways around this, using director for a seperate video player .exe and opening that from your flash production, sequences of bitmaps (beware of system intensiveness), or doing the whole thing in director, but as you have found out that ain't that easy is it