A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aversion

Aversion: I was wondering if you'd done the Inca Trail thing yet.. Sounds v. interesting.....

I haven't gone yet, once I hit 30 I thought I should try and do something constructive for a few years, so I moved to Australia and now Canada, I'm holding up the inca trail as a reward for spending the next 2 or 3 years trying to do the normal things in life, like make money, attach myself to multiple and crippling financial/emotional commitments... well maybe not the last ones, but I'm trying to be mature - at least for a couple of years

Sounds good. I'm in that wonderful land of serious commitment and responsibility at the moment too (and dreaming of escaping to foreign, non-commercial environs). Where in Australia were you? I'm from Brisbane - you'd be suprised how small a place it is, especially in the design industry. In Brisbane particularly its only 2 degrees of separation.

I was living in sydney for seven months last year, a couple of years before that I went on a road trip with some friends from darwin to perth which was quite an adventure, and I've been as far north as Byron Bay but never into queensland for some reaosn, just never seemed to be enough time.

some of my best friends come from brisbane or around though, and I hear a lot about the differences between there and sydney, there's quite a rivalry, spurred on by the various sporting events australians seem to be so proud of! Being english I have no sporting events to be proud of

I see from your home page that you're married, which is indeed a huge commitment, but hopefully a positive one, I just have an aversion to all things responsible I guess. There's nothing wrong with buying a house, getting married etc etc, I envy people who are settled sometimes - and I'm not presuming you are here - but I have to suppress that inner child first

Yeah, well Brisbane is much more casual than Sydney or Melbourne, there's less people, yet we still manage to beat them both in Rugby and AFL (I hope there's no other Aussies reading this - I can't back up a lot of this with statistics... but I am pretty sure we're going to win the AFL again this year).

The inner child is always a problem - but I think that's what got me into my present commitments!!!

Well, keep that Inca dream alive. Sounds like great fun! Maybe after my next big dream freelance job I'll get my own similar plan!!

why have the views of this thread gone from 6000+ to 17000+ in a few days??! What happened, is someone stalking me or did john post this url somewhere dodgy...

Originally posted by Markp.com
    Yeah it was posted on www.*************ingmidgets.com
    So that's where you get your kicks from?

They must be small kicks.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

it always snows in Albany, but never in Austin :)
    Originally posted by aversion
    why have the views of this thread gone from 6000+ to 17000+ in a few days??! What happened, is someone stalking me or did john post this url somewhere dodgy...

There's been a surging interest in "plaid" throughout the world recently. You are their new spokesman.