A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

Cool

using CDExtra i want to make a mix audio CD and an autorun flash projector.
    so will play in CD player and projector fires up if played in PC....

thats not a problem......but

can a user play the audio CD tracks from the projector???????????

or do i have to put copies of the audio in the flash?

thx
    spam

You can launch the cdplayer from the windows directory using FsCommand, Exec..

You could also use my 3rd party tools to play the cdaudio from a mixed-mode cd (mine are the only tools that do this to my knowledge)

http://flashtools.net/tutorials/ftoolmci_playcds.htm

Note: Cdaudio playing functions don't work under Windows XP only.. with ftoolmci

thanks
    i have ftoolmci...

this correct?
    fscommand ("exec", "ftoolmci.exe" add chr(9) add "play$cdaudio");

cant seem to get it to work...
    i have (pile of ****e)XP did you mean that it wont work on XP even with ftoolmci??

cheers
    spam

Yep API calls where changed in Windows XP unlike all other versions of windows.. the cdplaying features will not function in XP but video .mp3 playing ect. is fine..

Hello

Does this mean that since its using API's to do this, it also won't work on Macs? And if so, is playing the CD audio tracks from the flash movie AND having it work cross platform completely impossible?

pants!

so no way to access the audio on a mix CD from projetor on all PC platforms (i wont even think about Mac!!!!!!).
    Booooooo

ill have to give up then...
    many thx anyway...
    spam

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar

How are you sending the MCI commands in ftoolmci? I just wrote a quick test app and the MCI commands to play CD audio work fine on my XP system. They're still listed as supported API calls in the latest MSDN library. This is how the Microsoft CDPLAYER.EXE (and most other apps) play CDs. I couldn't believe they'd just disappear in XP.

could you give me an example "play CD audio" fscommand/ftoolmci line of code that works from a projector on XP please!
    so i can try again...
    thx
    spam

Sorry, the question was directed at The Master. I didn't use mister master's ftoolmci, I wrote my own little application to test the MCI commands in XP.

Maybe they changed the implementation of MCISendString API, I guess I should test and see if there isn't just some text formatting problem with XP

But I am basically parsing true commands straight to MCISendString in the command line tool..

That's what my test app did (used mciSendString). I just called it like always, no special changes for XP. Did you set the time format to "tmsf" or just assume it was tracks? That could be messing things up if XP uses a different default than your machine. You also have to be sure to open the cdaudio device before you start sending commands and close it when you're done (that's not the cd tray and different than stopping the playing track). Just some suggestions...

????????????????????????
    hey Mr Master....does ftoolmci work at all?
    i cant get it to work on a win98 machine also?!?!?!

it must be my flash code not correct.... :-(

i just want to simply play the audio on a mix(CDextra) CD from a fscommand....

whats the correct fscommand line to do this?

so far tried...

fscommand("exec", "ftoolmci.exe" add chr(9) add "/rootcd#play$cd%")

fscommand("exec", "ftoolmci.exe" add chr(9) add "play$cdaudio")

dont work.....
    AAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    spam.

It works.. maybe you should try playing a video or .mp3 first before doing cd audio functions.. also you use the root cd command only in the case that you worried the user might have 6 cdrom drives or even 2

has there been any improvement on the situation of playing CD audio tracks from a flash exe on a CD extra?