A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is for the stickman groupies...

hey, i make stick fighting and yes frame by frame work at 18 FPS for smoothness.

Smile I FIGURED IT OUT!! WOOHOO

WAIT A MINUTE!! I just got an idea on how xiao xiao kept his stick men in flash and scene in swift 3d. I believe he mad a crappy stick man in swift3d imported his camera movement into flash got and TRACED HIS STICK MAN with a flash STICKMAN so it looks better!!! Anyone agree with me?? its gotta be right!

Frame by frame ? ahh crap well can anyone help me out ? iv been working on this for like 3 days now and its CRAP, i dont even have the guys walking up to eachother yet, and they need to be fighting, its easy, some kung-fu fighting, then guy pulls out gun and marix effects, im trying just to move the guy foward, cant wait to get to the fighting

WAIT A MINUTE!! I just got an idea on how xiao xiao kept his stick men in flash and scene in swift 3d. I believe he mad a crappy stick man in swift3d imported his camera movement into flash got and TRACED HIS STICK MAN with a flash STICKMAN so it looks better!!! Anyone agree with me?? its gotta be right!
    I honestly doubt that he went to that much trouble, to tell you the truth.

soulraver187 ~ If it were that easy, then everyone could do it. I'll say it again...it takes practice and patience. Keep trying.
    [Edited by RUSHVision on 02-27-2002 at 08:06 PM]

but it has to be cause why would he try and draw it himself when u can trace it more accurately cause those arn't swift stickman, there turned in flash. Actually im gonna give it a try and il post the outcome of it ok. if your intersted to see it that is

Bring it on.

ok but again, how do you move the camera around the stick men? for the matrix effects, and i tryed to import into swift, but no luck, only import al sequence files?
    [Edited by soulraver187 on 02-27-2002 at 08:17 PM]

ok basically all you gotta do is build your scene that u want to fight on in your movie ok. Export that current frame. Import that into your movie and u got ur scenerie. annimate to ur matrix part go back to swift open ur scene u created. insert a targeted camera around your stickman. and rotate it around ur stick man with a about 100frames to rotate and it should look good like slow motion now import that have u rendered it into your flash right beside the spot where u wanted ur matrix part ok. I hope this helps its abit general but if u know swift ul understand . go through camera tutorials at http://www.erain.com

hey whats the code to enter your flash movie in ur signature

Thanks !!!

Ok Rushvision here is that piece i tried its not that good but its close enough tho right hehehe.

http://www.escalix.com/freepage/dexter87/3d.swf

Smile How do you do it?

I have to know, how do you guys make such cool scenery in swift, and as for the question of Xiao Xaio 7-8 i think that first he planned the scene animated a blank building in swift, then put the stick figures INTO the animation. In flash...anyway, back to my question. First how do you make the F**king boxes and hollow rooms, and then how do you do the cammeray thing. add them and all.

hey dmb... looking good!

looks like you have some other people wondering how you did that...

so, tutorial perhaps?

Yea its tight, but umm WTF is that guy doing ? it looks "wierd"

hehe i just wanted to see what looks better making ur stick man in flash while making scencery in swift OR the old fashion, the way im gonna stick to hehe.

Yea sure, if u want to know how i did that il put a zip up with bots files. I basically made my stick guy in swift and traced over him each frame in flash.

By the way check out my banner, tell me what u think:

Banner:
    http://www.escalix.com/freepage/dexter87/banner.swf (Notice i made a stickman sitting on the Letter "D". Kinda cute heh.)

First Swift Animation with Flash:
    http://www.escalix.com/freepage/dexter87/moving.swf

My First Stick Animation:
    http://www.escalix.com/freepage/dexter87/guy.swf

My first Swift 3D Animation(Camera):
    http://www.escalix.com/freepage/dexter87/room.swf

If your wondering why thers no color i prefer it without color cause when i goto animate stick guys fighting on my scene i prefer black and white and only colored fighters .

Tell me what u think of those. If you want the original file id be more then happy to let u experiment with it.
    [Edited by dmb_87 on 02-28-2002 at 01:21 AM]

Damn thats nice, esp the first banner, thats fricking tight, i just dont have the time to learn stick men im happy if i get 1 hr on my comp.. im trying to learn javascript now and i wanted to make this cool movie with fighting stickmen, but then i found out there is no easy way, oh well... oh and id love to mess around, the original files, so do you want me to email you for that or something ? thanks

sure, just post your email here

its soul_raver187@yahoo.com thanks!!

Hi guys, not sure if this post is still alive and peeps are reading but i was wondering how the heck you draw boxes in Swift 3d 1.0. Cuz it seriously only has Letters, Circles, Cones and Torus's but not the main thing which is a box.... help me out please!!!!

The Cube and stuff is there. Unless u did something. Re-install if ur not seeing them u musta moved them by dragging or something they are all there.