A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Blinking Satellite

I'm very NEW to Flash (started today). I'm using Flash5 - I need to create a satellite (or tower) that looks as though it is "sending waves up from the top of the tower". How would I go about doing this or is there a tutorial somewhere I can go through to learn more about doing something like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Kathi

try learning motionm tween and fading. it should give you an idea of what you should do. i'll post an example fla in the near future...

Where have I been ??

Real fast solution..

What I would do is create a circle with a thick outline. Then delete the inside of the circle so all you have left is the outline. Select the bottom part of the outline (using the square select tool) Then delete that area, so you have most of a circle remaining. Do that in a movie clip in frame 1, then in frame 10 or 20 of the same movie clip, just enlarge it. Then motion tween it. Poof! Insta Satellite Signal, though very rudamentary.

the JesterTerrestrial Himself stumpy's Avatar
    You can check out the tutorials here on FK.

There are tons of lessons on how to get started with flash and there are also some special effects. Check the Navagation at the top of the page for Tutorials.
    Good luck.