A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FruityLoops VS AcidPRO, which one is the best?

hmmmm
    Originally posted by monkii
    I agree. If you want a 'pro' app you must go with cubase/logic/protools/cakewalk. These apps make acid look like a toy.
    sorry monkii i disagree, acid is one of the most powerful wav sequencers i've come across, i've heard it been describe as being more powerful that protools LE 5.1, cubase and logic, cakewalk sonar comes close if wanted the the features of acid and extensive midi control.

I honestly believe the others dont match it for pitch and tempo shifting capabilities.

Funny enough acid is popping up in a few home studios of respected artists

question authority
    Yeah Dee, the pitch shifting on Acid is good. And it is a good entry level app. - dJ's can buy a copy and call themselves a producer
    Ultimately though, making a track isn't about sequencing someone elses loops, which is essentialy what acid is for.
    There is just so much more the high end sequencers can do. I think you will find most of your favourite records revolve around one of these pieces of kit (or an mpc ) - not acid.
    m

hmmmm
    ur right by comparing it to an MPC, their pretty similar, as for being a producers cop-out, yeah its shame people dont use more creatively, i find it easy to either to record myslef or a mate and use them as loops build a track up that way, but ur right about anyone using it and abusing it

Does anyone use the Triton keyboard and cakewalk/cubase together?

This is my setup basically at home...I'm trying to get my original loops I did from my keyboard into a good loop like someone would create in ACID. I recorded into acid but there is always a little piece of space at the end of the loop and I can't figure out how to edit it...

help me out if somebody can answer this....

peace.......

question authority
    i usually use propellorheads recycle for cutting loops. It finds your hit points automatically. It's a great tool.
    m
    [Edited by monkii on 03-14-2002 at 10:39 PM]

they are both good, but I MUCH prefer Live.

check it out if you have time - same sorta thing - loop based editor.

Hi all
    But can we create a sound with FruityLoops & AcidPRO??
    if no, which is the good software creates sounds which we want to add to our flash?
    Thanks
    Sanjay

the best/easiest to use are

Reason (www.propellerheads.se)
    and it's rival is call Orion

reason is $350 roughly and orion is about $45

nice way to make exact loops for flash

question authority
    you can create your own loops in fruity too..

hmmmm
    Originally posted by J-Luv
    Does anyone use the Triton keyboard and cakewalk/cubase together?

This is my setup basically at home...I'm trying to get my original loops I did from my keyboard into a good loop like someone would create in ACID. I recorded into acid but there is always a little piece of space at the end of the loop and I can't figure out how to edit it...

help me out if somebody can answer this....

peace.......
    use a audio editor to record into and slice off bits of the audio at the front and end, i suggest u get sound forge to do this then save the wav for acid, u can tell by ear if its looping correctly if ur trained enough