A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FruityLoops VS AcidPRO, which one is the best?

ehich one is the best for creating loops? and effect?

cheers

Cool

well, I have both,
    If you are looking to created vocal sound effects, then acid pro is for you, if you are looking for shear music creation on a multi-level level, then use fruity loops.

I use fruity loops 90 % of the time with optimal results.

Matter of fact, I have been producing tracks for an indy record label for a year now using fruity loops.

I am familiar with Acid, but what is Fruity Loops? and how much does it cost?

Only familiar with Acid and like it a lot.

question authority
    Fruity is more of a drum machine, whilst acid is more of an audio sequencer.
    m

thanks for all the input

do you know the soft for creating similiar "deep bass" effect like the derbauer.de site intros?

cheers

Cool

calling it a drum machine isn't really doing it justice.
    It has alot of features that a drum machine doesn't have.
    sample mixing being one of them.. (ever scratch a digital sample on PC?) it's really fun.... I have composed entire songs on fruity loops with great results. But as I said before acid pro is good as well. As far as pricing... not sure... go to fruityloops.com and check it out for yourself.
    you can usually download a demo version... the only thing that has been disabled is the save function...which you can by pass by simply exporting as wav or mp3.

Is Fruity Loops set up similar to Acid, as far as providing you with loops and letting you arrange or sequence them the way you want?

It is similar but not graphically similar. It has a host of samples to choose from.

just do the drag n drop

Fruityloops is a helluva lot more than a drum machine. Most of the stuff I make with fruityloops is cimatique/symphonic in sound. Just go to the Ambient section and see what I'm talkin about.

I went and got Acid Pro with the idea of creating loops and importing them into Acid...but I'm usually too lazy so I just make full songs in Fruityloops instead. Acid's still a great program though. They are both a must have if you are serious about making your own music/songs.

which Ambient section?

Originally posted by hadi
    which Ambient section?
    http://www.flashkit.com/loops/Ambient/ on the first few pages

Hi all,
    i got the fruity loops, do you know where to find the tutorials site?

cheers
    hadi

The best thing to do with Fruity Loops is play and learn. If you really want help with it try us at http://www.futureproducers.com.

As for pricing Fruity Loops runs around $99 plus I believe they still offer free lifetime upgrades.

Also ACID is more of a loop based tracker. Nice programe but for real audio creation when using trackers go with CUBASE VST 32BIT. ACID is only really good for laying tracks with loops which for vocals and more you would have to put everything in a real tracker.

question authority
    I agree. If you want a 'pro' app you must go with cubase/logic/protools/cakewalk. These apps make acid look like a toy.

fruity loops and acid pro are great to start of and learn.
    I use both, but i really like fruity loops more you have loads of sounds to play with to make a track. acid on the other hand you have to buy beats just to make a decent track. the chopper(acid) may be the only thing that really keeps me coming back..

thanks for the link Pipper....that's a great site

Yea, Acid tracks are limited if you are really trying make a tight track that someone would actually listen to on their own.

I keep hearing about this fruityloops, I may need to make another investment....

I use cakewalk (i have cubase but haven't cracked it open yet) and I'm trying to edit audio, like cutting an end piece off or something like that. Does anyone know how to edit audio in cakewalk or cubase by any chance? can u do it in acid??

peace ya'll....

To edit sounds use Goldwave. at http://www.goldwave.com you can get a free version that works really well. For top of the line audio editing the best thing running software-wise is Sound Forge.