A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Found a Bug

I was having a problem with a movie showing an error on export. It played ok within 3dfa. I found the reason for the error was in a formatted text element. I cut and pasted the text into this element from an email. One part of it had (`) as an apostrophe instead of ('). This caused the page fault error. Took me ages to figure this out but after changing the ` to ' the error did not occur.

odd

Originally posted by Chris Parker
    I was having a problem with a movie showing an error on export. It played ok within 3dfa. I found the reason for the error was in a formatted text element. I cut and pasted the text into this element from an email. One part of it had (`) as an apostrophe instead of ('). This caused the page fault error. Took me ages to figure this out but after changing the ` to ' the error did not occur.

How odd, you wouldn't think that would cause a page fault. You did send this to support right? They are releasing a bug fix very soon and perhaps they can squash that one too.

I was thinking they would see it here on the forums, I have just emailed support now.