A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML Content

Does anyone know if there is a way to load an entire HTML document in flash mx, like almost creating a frame set it flash

Senior Moderator
    Flash still only supports the parsing and display of HTML 1.2:

bold tags
    italic tags
    underline tags
    font tags
    a tags(links)

Nothing more.... and i dont think it would make much sense to display a full html page inside of flash, when flash is created so as it can run in a browser window(the browsers purpose is to display full html documents)

Flash Developer on a break
    If I remember correctly, there is a way(javascript or dhtml) to place your flash movie behind the text/etc of your html website.

I only know it's for IE5.5+ or so. I think it's somewhere in the Flash technotes on MM.com.

-Jeroen

thanks its just that sometimes in my crazy menu systems and piontless designs i stumble accross an idea that needs a border or something where it needs to be surronded in flash.. and although i could just do the entire design in flash the complex of resolutions gets involved when unlike html the sizes stay proportioned and look funny

Wouldn't it be possible to do this by loading the Flash into a DIV, then setting out the HTML in another with higher z value?

I know what HSFH means as I've been it situations where I would have found that useful.

[Devil in DarkGreen]

yea,2 good feature are distort and envelope.

DS

Hi,

I just got trapped by an old misfeature of F5 player: if html text is sent with badly matched tags, like < b >< u >emphasis< /b >, the attributes of the text box will be messed up forever; if you reload corrected text, it will still show underlined; even if you send a < /u > this does not help - you have to reload the movie
    Could anybody check whether this still happens with F6 player?

Musicman
    [Edited by Musicman on 03-09-2002 at 12:56 PM]