A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: remove mc after hittest()

Can anybody tell me how to remove a mc after colliding with another mc. Tell me where to put this piece of code

hkhyd

Put it after your hitTest() code ... if the instance you want to remove was programatically placed (i.e. duplicated) you can use removeMovieClip(). However, if the clip was placed in the authoring environment, you will need to use unloadMovieClip() - this won't remove the clip completely ... it will only delete the contents of the clip's timeline, making it look like you have deleted the clip.

If you need any more help, mail me or post again.

thanks, I have placed the removemovieclip() after the hittest()in the mc (generated through a duplicatemovieclip()), but it is also removing all the mc's (three mc's generated by a duplicatemovieclip() in a for loop)leaving only one. how to avoid this.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by hkhyd
    Can anybody tell me how to remove a mc after colliding with another mc. Tell me where to put this piece of code

hkhyd

Why are you removing clips using a for loop? Surely if you only want to remove one clip you name that clip in the actions:

removeMovieClip ("_root.myClip");

similler prob. :(

Originally posted by garbage
    Why are you removing clips using a for loop? Surely if you only want to remove one clip you name that clip in the actions:

removeMovieClip ("_root.myClip");
    __________________________________________________ _________
    I'm also having prob. while removing the movie clip, on rollOver, i have 4 movie clip on my main timeline, and in each movie clip i have drop down menu. but prob. is if i click on any button which is inside in the movieClip, when i click for second button tht one gets up to the 1st. means shows both, when i want to remove 1st movie clip, if i rollOver on second movieClip.
    now pls help me some 1. i was trying it from so many times. (

sudhirrr, I'm not sure we're on the same page. You are talking about drop-down menus, and this thread is dealing with removing movie clips. Are you trying to say that to make a drop-down menu you are duplicating and removing movie clips? There is an easier way, you know ...

Have a look in the tutorials section, and get yourself a tutorial on building drop-down menus. It's a lot more simple than the way you are attempting it.