A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: goToAndPlay problem

I am using Macromedia Flash 5.0

I recently inherited a program that helps the user visualize program dependencies and have been working diligently on it this semester. This program receives variables from a text file and dynamically creates objects that shows these dependencies.

My problem is this: After clicking the Go On button on the instructions page, the user must click on a language circle to activate most of the features of the tool. This is undesirable, and I have tried several things to remedy the problem.

The webpage may be viewed at http://euclid.butler.edu/~ceaser/visualize.html

~RBAngel1~

...not getting it

I followed the link and I saw the page, My question is: why is it "undesirable" for the user to click on the language, i.e. C++ or Java?

It is undesirable for the user to have to click on a language because many people do not initially click on the language circle. It is also very difficult to create a separate instructions page in this program because the language circles follow the user. I am also trying to figure out how to remedy this problem.

~RBAngel1~