A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: draggable window (movieClip)!!!!!!!!!

hi, i made a multi scenes flash with buttons. i have also lots of movieclips in the library. i made six buttons in one of the scenes and i made six draggable windows. everytime i click one of the buttons, one of the windows should appear. if i click another button, the first window should disapear and the new one should appear.
    my question is, how i can put the draggable windows (movieclips) in the scene and make them invisible, then the buttons in the scene when clicked should make them visible?
    please help me? thanx

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Originally posted by video*****
    hi, i made a multi scenes flash with buttons. i have also lots of movieclips in the library. i made six buttons in one of the scenes and i made six draggable windows. everytime i click one of the buttons, one of the windows should appear. if i click another button, the first window should disapear and the new one should appear.
    my question is, how i can put the draggable windows (movieclips) in the scene and make them invisible, then the buttons in the scene when clicked should make them visible?
    please help me? thanx
    well you could use the alpha properties, but the windows would still be there and take up space and be draggable.

you could change the _x and _y values to throw them off the viewable area.

or you could have the first frame of the movieclip empty with a stop(); command. Then have the button say _root.movieclip.gotoAndStop(2);

thanx, but how exactly is it done? please help me!

I use this alot

Use
    Code:
    instancename._visible = false
    And when you want it visible make false true :P