A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Frames-HTML

Is there a way to load an html into the parent browser of a .swf or html? For instance, if I have a menu.swf made in Flash at the top of my html page and I want the buttons to call to the center of the stage and play an html? It seems like there should be some javascript code that will allow you to do this without creating text in Flash or having to call to an external window. Please help, anyone if you can.

altruistic

I think I replied to someone's post with the samiliar question.. but I can't find that post =( so, i guess i'll give you a brief idea on how it works ---

I assume that you have already set up frames in your page.
    I"ll use "Top" "Middle" and "Bottom" as an example. (three frames in this case)

If you have a button in the bottom frame and you want it to make changes to the top frame, all you need to do, is on your button, in your getURL action script, select 'middle' as your corsponding window.

it should look like something like this:

on (release) {
    getURL ("http://your.homepage.here", "_top");
    }

do the same with other buttons, just replace the "_top" with the corsponding frame names.

good luck

Drag and Drop

If I send you an .fla for the scale I am workin on, do you think you would be able to help me out. I am lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Target Frames:

on (release) {
    getURL ("http://www.yourdomain.com/yourpage.html",
    "yourframesnamehere");
    }