A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Why won't this affect my font

I asked the question earlier about how to get the font in my flash movie to turn dark black and be consistent for the word and definitiontion display. I was instructed to move the font tag to line five. I changed my code to this and it does not work. Please help I need to disable my flash font color and get it all into html quick. drowning slowly.
    This is in my PHP script. The word changes to the right font but definition still uses the flash text box seeting yuck.
    $searchResults .= '<fontcolor="#000000"><b>'; $searchResults .= $scriptStyle[$count]['Word']; $searchResults .= '</b><br>'; $searchResults .= $scriptStyle[$count]['Definition']; $searchResults .= '<br></font><br>';
    I moved the font tag all over line 5 and nothing works. this does not work either.Why is my code always as broken as my head. Somebody help. $searchResults .= '<fontcolor="#000000"><b>'; $searchResults .= $scriptStyle[$count]['Word']; $searchResults .= '</b><br>'; $searchResults .= $scriptStyle[$count]['Definition']; $searchResults .= '<br><br></font>';

This one should work, you used <fontcolor> instead of <font color> that's probably why:

Code:
    $searchResults .= '<font color="#000000"><b>';
    $searchResults .= $scriptStyle[$count]['Word']; $searchResults .= '</b><br>';
    $searchResults .= $scriptStyle[$count]['Definition']; $searchResults .= '<br></font><br>';
    Yours
    HTD

no sorry

In my script I have font color seperated so thats not the problem. One is affected one is not. No one has been able to answer this. Here is the code pasted again. Everything works except definition will not come out dark black. See a test example at http://www.filmfever.com under scriptionary.
    if (ereg($doCriteria, $value)) {

// Store news item details for output
    $searchResults .= $scriptStyle[$count]['Word'];
    $searchResults .= '</b><br>';
    $searchResults .= $scriptStyle[$count]['Definition'];
    $searchResults .= '</font><br><br>';

// Move on to next news item
    break;
    }
    } else {
    // Use case insensitive function to check for match
    // If match found...
    if (eregi($doCriteria, $value)) {

// Store news item details for output
    $searchResults .= $scriptStyle[$count]['Word'];
    $searchResults .= '</b><br>';
    $searchResults .= $scriptStyle[$count]['Definition'];
    $searchResults .= '</font><br><br>';

// Move on to next news item
    break;

Hi,

did you ever notice it sends this message back to the movie?
    invalid argument supplied for foreach() in fetchscriptionary.php on line 39

Musicman

No what does it mean

No what does it mean. Everything works fine and in PHP coder I see no color coding erros. Please help musicman you are the only one with th ebrain power who is showing me love. See the test example on my hompage under scriptionary. Just click a letter and wath the results.

musicman I know you know the answer. Musicman. Musicman. Can you not hear the chants for your name.

Still no answer did you get my files musicman. Thanks for the help. You da man.

Hi,

I mailed you some files about two hours ago...

Musicman

Music man I appreciate your help. If there is a flash god you must be him. Still serious problems though. The changed.zip file you sent only has two files fetchscriptionary.php and scriptionary.swf neither of which seemed changed or fix problem. Maybe I am confused but is sounds like you more then fixed my problem but I can not find out how. I am so gratefule. Everyone chant MUSICMAN. MUSICMAN. MUSICMAN.

Hi,

the swf had the text color changed from black to some ugly green, so one would see the results of
    <font color="#000000"><b>word</b></font>description
    The php is now generating output like that, and it no longer sends a php error message. The code for that is some
    if(!$scriptStyle[$count]) continue;
    which I added to both simple and advanced search

Musicman

musicman I am sorry but the unchanged php script you sent me with a swf just does not solve my problem or help me at all. I put the words.php script in the same folder and still get the same resutls. I do not understand why this is so hard to fix. This should not be that big of a problem. Why is my brain so clogged. I can not see the light. Oh well thanks for the try. Someone anyone must be able to fix this problem. I do not understand musicman you send me a detailed message saying you did all the array looping modications to my files and then I get back one php script that is unchanged and a swf that appears to be the same I also. I really appreciate your I gues we just cannot communicate on how to fix the problem. Thanks for your time. Anyone else want to take a stab? A big E-DRINK cheers for the whole entire flash community.
    Starving to Flash MX, Flashing MX to Starve

someone has to have the answer this is so easy to fix help I am drowning. See the problem under scriptionary at http://www.filmfever.com