A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture Exchange - 002

looks cool, ian. especially like the pine one. nice focusing.

*shrug* not been doing much meeself recently.

official system error
    u are adding a lot of details to your new pictures and nice use of light and shadows!!!
    Always with that fashion theme in mind

[swf width="800" height="600" background="#000000"]http://www21.brinkster.com/xup878/vash.swf[/swf]

My latest work... guess what i've been watching recently

official system error
    u've watched lain huh?
    really nice drawing tho, I think u should create shadows on clothes to follow more the folds on them because now they look a bit flat (both shadows and folds).

Oh and about the drawing style... it reminds me a lot of dragonball

Alien From My Next Toon

Here's an alien character from a new toon I'm working on. I just let his lips run, he'll be lip-synced to dialog in the cartoon. The thing I have the most trouble with is without a doubt shading! I just can't ever get it right, and when I attempt to get trciky with folds or whatever, it just always comes out all wrong. So I keep it simple, but it still never looks right. Oh well.

[swf width="200" height="400" background="#FFFFFF"]http://www.caseypeicott.com/fusionalien.swf[/swf]

*It's not supposed to be a continuous loop (but it is here) so it jumps...

Originally posted by Ctrl+Alt+Del
    really nice drawing tho, I think u should create shadows on clothes to follow more the folds on them because now they look a bit flat (both shadows and folds).
    --------------------------------------------------
    u are adding a lot of details to your new pictures and nice use of light and shadows!!!
    Ricky, you are obsessed with light and shdows! Get help or you'll end up like this guy.(circa paragraph 5)
    CAD is right though, try a deeper red in the shadows, or even a linear gradient, I'm almost tempted to import it and play with it, but I inked someone else's "Bashu da Stampedo" a while ago.

Oh and about the drawing style... it reminds me a lot of dragonball
    yeh still cant get out of my Dragonball style drawings for men.. for girls its Sailormoon

Scythe i'd love to see what u could do with the color to this, i'm crap at shading at color.... if you or any body want the fla just ask (as long as i dont see it popping up else where )

official system error
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    Ricky, you are obsessed with light and shdows! Get help or you'll end up like this guy.(circa paragraph 5)
    CAD is right though, try a deeper red in the shadows, or even a linear gradient, I'm almost tempted to import it and play with it, but I inked someone else's "Bashu da Stampedo" a while ago. [/B][/QUOTE]

Light and shadows!!! AAAARGH!!! I can't draw them well!!! Yeah, I can see where they don't work well or they do but I can't draw them well...

John, this guys us crazy... Soon I'll post something

Kafarnahome

a wallpaper who present my new work :

http://online.merseine.nu/~shoebox/new/kafarnahome.jpg

Re: Kafarnahome

Originally posted by shoeboks
    a wallpaper who present my new work :

http://online.merseine.nu/~shoebox/new/kafarnahome.jpg

love the bug thing...

u've watched lain huh?
    you mean TriGun, right?

couldn't u tell it was a joke?
    hence the

hey how bout a comment on the pic... at least people can tell who it is

hey remember that thing with the rabbit a couple ppl posted...
    [swf background="#999999" height="400" width="550"]http://www.carbon20.com/fk/kero.swf[/swf]
    ... I mangaged to suck all the finesse, and kinetics out of it, that made it cool.

Xup, cad was right it's pretty DBZish, its fairly well done in it's style though, but Vash's face is more feminine... even when he's in "serious mode". The chin and nose seem a little uneven. The coat is very well done with the ripples and such, though the shadows could be darker (I did try to play around with it, but flash wasn't updating the screen whenever I tried to change something in your pic). The rest of the comments I would make would relate to it being a DBZ style and not trigun, so I'll leave them alone since I'm not really a dbz fan.

King joe, I like the way his face moves as he talks rather then just his mouth, most people don't take the time to do that anymore. His eyes(the two on his face) are looking straigh while the mouth is off to the side... I wasn't sure if thats intentional.

shoeboks, is that real exported 3d or flash drawn? I like it... The bug is good too... but they don't work together real well because the bug is too toony and the rest is so clean. As seperate pieces they work wonderfuly though.

Ok, enough procrastinating... I got to get back to work.

Originally posted by scythe

shoeboks, is that real exported 3d or flash drawn? I like it... The bug is good too... but they don't work together real well because the bug is too toony and the rest is so clean. As seperate pieces they work wonderfuly though.
    wot you saying, i look like a bug...i show you wot a bug looks like...SQUASHED...pal (lol)

anyway back to the cursor thing, any chance of the flash file or the scripting used?? PLEASE..

Many thanks

toony

official system error
    Originally posted by TrIzKuT
    u've watched lain huh?
    you mean TriGun, right?
    no no I mean Lain

(yeah it was supposed to be a joke )

I must a gree with Scythe, the wallpaper is nice but it looks kind of a collage, the bug is too cartoonish and the other images so clean and simple... they don't fit each other...

VERY Rough 3D Test

Hey all. Perhaps you remember my earlier toon, witht the pigs going into space? Well, here's something I'm working on for the second half of that toon...

This is a VERY, VERY rough look at a Pig Processing Factory on another planet. Obviously it looks like crap now, with pieces coming apart, lines visable in the factory, no actual pigs on conveyer belt yet, camera going through a spike, etc. but I thought I'd post it and see what people thought of the overall idea. The piece will be primarly for video, so file size isn't too big a deal (though I am hoping to dumb down the animation for the web later on if possible).

http://caseypeicott.com/pigfactory.htm

So, what do you think of this ROUGH 3D Pig Factory? And, does anyone have an idea of how I can make the conveyer belt appear to move forward using Swift 3D? Thanks,

I found an old pic I like a lot....do you like it?

argonauta.-7*
    [Edited by argonauta on 04-15-2002 at 11:01 AM]

Originally posted by toony
    anyway back to the cursor thing, any chance of the flash file or the scripting used?? PLEASE..

Many thanks

toony

[/B]
    scythe,
    any thoughts on letting me have the flash file or the scripting used??

cheers

Originally posted by toony scythe,
    any thoughts on letting me have the flash file or the scripting used??[/B]
    yeah, sorry, I've been busy busy busy... I uploaded the file last night but had to get some sleep.
    http://www.carbon20.com/fk/kero.fla

I think the code might be messy, cause I was going to use trigonomitry, and realized it was completely superfluous. I'd comment the code for you but : "Flash [Not Responding]". *looks painfully at winXP CD*

Its pretty basic though, all the code is in the kero clip... which just moves in the mouse's direction at "speed" intervals per frame. when its withing 5 pixels of the mouse, it stops and switches to the grabbing mouse frame of the movie clip.

ahhh... kero keeps catching my mouse cursor even when i'm not near the flash ani.... help! attack of the invisible cursor!!