A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture Exchange - 002

official system error
    ok here are the sketches:

She looks herself because Naru tried to dress her like an hip-hop/skater girl, (I'm used to wear these kind of clothes) and she feel so imbarassed

This one has no story

Dani OAV or OVA it's an episode of an anime (am I right guys?)

noodle baker
    they look really cool

OVA (original video animation) or OAV (original animated video) tend to have larger budjets than normal series... so the quality of the animations etc is higher...

i asked if u'd seen it because they are pretty new out and only a few have been fansubbed... and u seemed like a big fan

official system error
    yeah I am I've watched first two eps but i have also the third BUT it's on this HD and im at work now (as u can see)

Just have to burn a CD with it

Xup, does my sketch suck that much that u didn't say nothing about them?

Here's that run cycle that I promised at the beginning of this post, now that it's in my footer.

(Note that this is the same image - under 15k.)

[swf width="200" height="275" background="#FFFFFF"]http://www16.brinkster.com/sunguy/run3.swf[/swf]

That looks great really great CNO. Its the kind of animation that looks so nice, clean and simple that if you weren't an animator (and didn't know how damn hard it is to create such an effect), you'd almost assume it was easy to pull off. Nice job! Did you do that frame by frame, or move symbols around, or a combination of both?
    [Edited by KingJoe on 04-16-2002 at 08:10 PM]

Originally posted by Ctrl+Alt+Del
    nah i was just waiting for the CAD fan club to reply first

i defiently prefer the first pic the head looks real good, nice angle... but i think the legs need working on, not baggy enough

oh and where's the color

CNO reminds me of Megaman (Rockman) its probably just the feet... nice lil ani though.. u gonna do something bigger with this lil character?

Yeah, it's all frame-by frame - started out animated on a lightbox, then traced and colored in Illustrator/Flash.

The character really is a total Rockman homage. That and Tezuka Osamu. I'm hoping to do more with the character, maybe I'll work up a side-scroller. I've got a ton of sketches.

official system error
    Originally posted by xup878
    nah i was just waiting for the CAD fan club to reply first

i defiently prefer the first pic the head looks real good, nice angle... but i think the legs need working on, not baggy enough

oh and where's the color
    tonite i was up to color the first pic so wait a few days (weeks?) and i'll post the colored version too

hem.... CAD fan club??? LOL

chris, I'd like to see a plataform with that bot, u're good with games I remember very well the sunguy games

just a thing, I'd change its color to a more gray one or I'd use a darker green I don't like its green now

oh, where is sunguy gone?
    [Edited by Ctrl+Alt+Del on 04-17-2002 at 03:27 AM]

noodle baker
    I agree with C+A+D...I'd change the color too...but the bot is yours and if you like the color...

chris, I'd like to see a plataform with that bot, u're good with games I remember very well the sunguy games
    I'm not married to the colors right now - if you check the first page again, i was toying with the idea of the character changing colors based on it's situation.

And if I did do a full side-scroller, it probably would be a Sunguy game. That was my initial vision for the character(s), but the technology and my time just wasn't there yet. Then again that was in the Flash4 days...

At college. cant view flash files. Gaah.. annoying. I'm sure its all good tho. I love your first sketch, CAD. Yu should CG it. Colours = good.

Its a bit risky at home because my computer doesnt like graphics. So I've had to ban myself from flash, photoshop, painter, etc. Unless I dont mind crashing every 5 seconds.

So, heres what I did lately..

I set up one of those oekaki paint BBS's on my site.. i thought you guys might like to know, since it was all japanese (including the instructions.. it was .. interesting to translate. ) here is the link. You lot are welcome to try out. Its got, liek, watercolour n stuff.

Oh.. heres one of my fav drawings. (not by me )

And CNO and Ian rock on it too.

official system error
    Originally posted by Lauradot
    I love your first sketch, CAD. Yu should CG it. Colours = good.
    ty Laura I'm coloring it in these days but it look too much hmmmmm.... painted.... I can't find a tool in painter 7 that reminds the pens used in a manga cover...

take a look at this:
    http://www.alien-nine.com/index02.html
    what do u think it's the best tool to color like this into painter?
    Pantone might be, but painter hasn't Pantone pens

It's like painted but with area colors... hmmm.....

(oh and alien 9 its a great anime )

-edit-
    I forgot about the oekaki, really nice drawings Laura, maybe I'll come drawing something sometime
    I've never seen an oekaki like this one, it's really nice

At college. cant view flash files. Gaah.. annoying.
    here's a trick i used in college... make a .exe projector that just has a text field and a load button, then you can put in URL's and load in movies whenever you want... you might wanna make a menu to change the background colors though... sometimes that messed me up.

I did a shinobou sketch a while ago... but I can't find the pic or my notebook so I can re shoot it... oh well, it wasn't very good anyway.

Um. I cant say I've used Pantone pens before, so you might want to see if you can get any traditional artist's opinions.

That said, the way I would use painter to colour like that is the "Scratchboard tool" - its very good. Gives really clean lines. You'd have to mess about with blending tho - it colours cartoon styles really well, but doesnt blur so much. Which i prefer. Because it looks nicer.

This was my final entry for that beauty pagent thing i entered.. it was done using the scratchboard tool and some blurring in photoshop (i dont know.. i just dont like painter's blur.) But it give you an idea of the type of colouring you get.

Another thing you could do is colour and desaturate it.. or use colours without much saturation, i suppose. That picture looks kind of washed out.

Oh. And I'm sure i was messing about with Pantone colours in some program... i was sure it was painter, but i cant find the settings. I'll look around for you.

(longest! post! ever! )

official system error

That said, the way I would use painter to colour like that is the "Scratchboard tool" - its very good. Gives really clean lines. You'd have to mess about with blending tho - it colours cartoon styles really well, but doesnt blur so much. Which i prefer. Because it looks nicer.

Oh. And I'm sure i was messing about with Pantone colours in some program... i was sure it was painter, but i cant find the settings. I'll look around for you.

(longest! post! ever! )
    thanks again Laura, very kind so if u find the Pantone tool tell me where.
    I don't have painter at work, when I'll be at home I'll take a deeper look at the scratchboard tool.
    I like painted images, but if u have a look at how I colored Shinobu u'll notice that it's *too* painted
    and it has not that anime look if u know what I mean

Really nice drawing, she's soooo beautiful

starcraft's cd case

is a little thing i worked on for a bit .. cheated a little on the middle, but everything else is pixely guesswork.

did a few more just now ..

halflife

diablo 2

working on more .. maybe i'll make a virtual desktop w/ cds on it

[Edited by Ian424 on 04-20-2002 at 01:26 PM]

d2 needs a double case

ey up guys.... your werk looks really cool (as usual) and hey laura.. i love the beauty pageant picture

Url as the piccie is a bit big: http://www.quistaquay.com/forfun/chibi.jpg

I wish I had a tablet but mine broke. I think its pretty good considering I used a mouse