Thread: <<< your input on next version of swish please >>>

a)things you find annoying about SWiSH and think should be fixed / improved
    1.It will become more slow if you made a lot of words or other things
    2.Unknown Crash

b) new features that you'd like to see.
    1. Dragable Window
    2. Password box
    3. Typeable box

I'll look at making that an option .. to resize the shape to fit the image on import, or to resize the image to fit the shape.
    Thank you, Roger. That feature alone would greatly reduce my workload and hassle.

If combined with the ability to treat separate timeline objects as groups (i.e., verticle blocks) so that we can easily create repeatable objects and behaviors, SWiSH would become the premier website presentation software bar none.

feedback on upgrades

I am new to Swish and flash all together so I am not sure what features I would like or things I dis-like only made a few movies so far.

One thing I would like, unless you can do it now and I haven't figured it out is:

Allow you to pick a background image, such as you do for a webpage, instead of just the color picker.

Simple wish

just a small, simple wish

when i insert one or more frames <F5> the actions of buttons should be modified automaticully. for example: <On(Roll Over) GoTO Frame 10 of Scene 1> changes to <On(Roll Over) GoTO Frame 15 of Scene 1>

Sorry, Roger, I had forgotten about this one until I hit upon it again this morning: I would like to have the ability to play the movie beginning at a specified scene.

I like to review my sales presentations for continuity. And when I've made a change to a scene deep into the movie, I'd like to be able to review starting just a couple of scenes before the one I changed. Would that be possible?

humble suggestions

I am a rank amateur but have done some pretty extensive projects with Swish (www.procourse.com/demo/). I would like to see the following (assumeing these features are not alreayd in there and I don't don't know how to do it);

-A built in way to turn your movie into a *.exe
    -An easy way to insert a bunh of frames and/or a way to add a time delay in your movie
    -Some way to pause sound in the middle of a .mpg or .wav file

Thanks,

Dave Hadden

Re: Simple wish

Originally posted by jet4web
    just a small, simple wish

when i insert one or more frames <F5> the actions of buttons should be modified automaticully. for example: <On(Roll Over) GoTO Frame 10 of Scene 1> changes to <On(Roll Over) GoTO Frame 15 of Scene 1>
    Jet ... If you use Frame Labels instead of Frame Numbers - you would never have to worry about it -- that's sort of the point of using the "Set Label" feature ...

Just right-click on a frame number in the timeline (top line) - and "Set Label" ... Then when you use a GoTo Frame action - use the "Label" box instead of choosing a frame number ...

Then, regardless of how many frames you add or delete - then label will move along with it.

Just a tip ..

Peaces,
    Cadence

An easy way to insert a [bunch] of frames...
    Ctrl-F5 adds an entire FPS set at a time.

Originally posted by Libertarian
    Sorry, Roger, I had forgotten about this one until I hit upon it again this morning: I would like to have the ability to play the movie beginning at a specified scene.

I like to review my sales presentations for continuity. And when I've made a change to a scene deep into the movie, I'd like to be able to review starting just a couple of scenes before the one I changed. Would that be possible?
    Just a bump in case Roger missed this one.

obviously the image trace would be nice.....
    but how about pre deturmined shapes like cubes.rectangles and have the ability spin them round on there axis.... when editing....maybee me wanting to much

once again,do something for pixel based font.i had to work hard for the pixel font to set it in suitable X,Y to not look it blurry.Thanx
    [whats we going to have in next major upgrade?sound synch,loader with status bar too?]
    :d

just another

we absolutely need the ability to set keyboard control to objects onscreen so we can make games.

Thats it

~Jer~

Posted by Moogumba (accidently hit Post New, instead of Reply) ...

1. Faster responsivness
    2. Easier text formating - margins
    3. Export to GIF
    4. Numbering of items in outline - easier to find items
    5. Easier shifting of items in outline - ie, up/down - I would like to be able to put text togther...buttons together, etc. more easily.
    6. The ability to reset the geographical location of images or text after effects have been added without incurring "movement effects" in the timeline.
    7. Underlining
    8. The ability to bold one word or multiple words within text without bolding the whole dang thing.
    9. Better resolution of small text (8 point too fuzzy)
    10. The ability to make an image transparent to varying degrees. that would be way cool.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    > 1. Faster responsivness

Done

> 2. Easier text formating - margins

Looking into that

> 3. Export to GIF

Licensing issues there .. maybe

> 4. Numbering of items in outline - easier to find items

Don't think I like that .. how would numbering help you find things?

> 5. Easier shifting of items in outline - ie, up/down -
    > I would like to be able to put text togther...
    > buttons together, etc. more easily.

You can use the up/down movement buttons, or the move to top/bottom or drag things with the mouse. Note that the order of things in the scene tree controls what things are appear infront of or behind others .. just arbitrarily grouping things by type will have side effects.

> 6. The ability to reset the geographical location of
    > images or text after effects have been added without
    > incurring "movement effects" in the timeline.

Easy .. don't move them while in Frame Preview mode (if Frame Preview is on, objets have red selection handles and there is a red play-haed in the timeline)

> 7. Underlining

Its trickier than you think

> 8. The ability to bold one word or multiple words
    > within text without bolding the whole dang thing.

We've got some ideas on this .. not sure if we'll get it in for the next update

> 9. Better resolution of small text (8 point too fuzzy)

That's not up to us .. its a combination of the font you use (try the minmal(?) fonts) and the way Flash Player smooths everything. nothing we can do as SWF file doesn't provide any control of smoothin on individual text objects (it does support control of smmothing for individual bitmap fills or for the whole movie)

> 10. The ability to make an image transparent to
    > varying degrees. that would be way cool.

You can do that with Color Panel

Whatever has been posted by my colleagues on the Top 10, I just Amin to that. But, I do hope Swish makers fix the bugs on 2.0 before making the new version. Like If ... then... or/and ...... else/not. Small little things yet important.

I gotta hand it to Swish, after toying around with Macromedia Flash MX, 3D Flash Animator 3.51, Swish 2.0 is still the easiest to start with. But, Other two programs just very generous in Web Functions. Should the next version of Swish be released, please concentrate on the ease of the Web functions.

Thanx
    MING

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Fixing bugs is high on our list

<<< your input on next version of swish please >>>

hi

please add something to bend a text. please

Hey all,
    Just a comment / question. I have been using Swish 2 and noticed that when I click in the outline on any sprite or really anything. it goes to the bottom of the outline insted of staying where I clicked, this is not fun when the movie is 10 sceens long and you are trying to edit the top object.

Let me know if anyone knows what I am talking about, and if there is a way to fix this !

Thanks Doug

Re: <<< your input on next version of swish please >>>

Originally posted by Techno4ever
    hi

please add something to bend a text. please
    Yes! Something like a distortion envelope.

More

No comment on keyboard control?.........ie I want to be able to set a key to move a sprite.

Would love to have a brouse feature so that when we want to add an image we can preview it like in many paint programs. When you replace an image with a previous image it distorts to fit into the aspect ratio of the original image. It should be fixed so as to simply replace and be its own aspect ratio.

~Jer~